5.

5: nervousness

5: nervousness

☆☆

"What the hell do I wear?!" Delilah exclaimed, rummaging through her closet.

Taylor sat calmly on Delilah's bed, playing some game on her phone. "I'm sure he'll like anything, Dil."

"Yeah but what if I show up in leggings and he takes me to some fancy restaurant? Or what if I show up in an evening gown and we just go go the movies?"

"Hear me out, Dil. What if you text him?" Taylor suggested, turning her phone off.

"I don't even have his number!" Delilah shouted. As if the universe was playing some dumb trick on her, her phone dinged with a new message from an unknown number.

Hello, love. I must
ask: how do you take your
steak?

"Uh, Tay?"

"Yeah?"

"Look at this."

Delilah handed the phone to Taylor. Her best friend's eyebrows raised as she let out a little chuckle.

"Its not funny! How the hell did he get my number?!" Delilah said, grabbing the phone.

"Well, both of you work with the LAPD. It'd be pretty easy for him to get your number."

Delilah let out a large sigh but responded to the text.

Medium well.

By the way, what should
I wear? I'm assuming
this is Lucifer.

Not even one minute passed before he responded.

Preferably nothing.
Though, I suppose
a simple dress would do.
You'd look gorgeous in
anything.

Delilah's cheeks heated up at the text. Taylor took notice of the blush and grabbed the phone from her hands. "Dil! Oh my God! This is too cute!"

"Shut up! You know he's just trying to get in my pants, Tay. That's all there is."

Delilah couldn't help but feel sadness as the words left her mouth. She really didn't know why she was going on this date. It probably meant nothing to Lucifer, right?

☆☆

Lucifer Morningstar was not a nervous man. He held himself with confidence, all for good reasons, of course.