6.

6: the date

6: the date

☆☆

"Holy shit," Delilah breathed out, taking in the appearance of Lux. The lighting was dim, as it normally was, and a soft melody played through hidden speakers. Delilah recognized it as Slow Dancing in the Dark by Joji.

"I hope you don't mind the music choice. I had limited time to prepare a set so I found one on Spotify," Lucifer said, placing a hand on the small of Delilah's back to push her into the penthouse.

"I actually really like this song," Delilah told him, spinning around to face him. "So like, you just live here? This is your home."

"Why yes, dear. Of course," Lucifer said nonchalantly.

"My apartment only had one bedroom when I moved in. We had to turn a closet into a bedroom," Delilah joked, taking in the room once more.

This time, she noticed a table set out on the balcony covered by a black table cloth. Two chairs sat on either side with a vase containing one single orchid in it.

"Normally I'd go with a rose but I noticed the flower in your office."

Delilah was shocked at the effort he had put into this dinner. Maybe it truly did mean something to him.

No, it couldn't have. She was just another girl he was trying to woo over.

"Shall we, love?" Lucifer asked, moving towards the table.

Delilah followed slowly, eyes widening at the view he had. It was a beautiful sunset in Los Angeles and he had set the date to happen just as the sun began to dip below the horizon. "This is...beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you, my dear."

Her cheeks blushed once again and she wondered how many times they were going to do that tonight.

Lucifer pulled out the chair for Delilah, to which she accepted, and pushed her in before taking his own seat.

"I remember you told me you don't drink alcohol so I switched out the wine for some sparkling cider," Lucifer told Delilah, pulling out the bottle lodged in the ice.

"I really appreciate that, Lucifer," Delilah thanked him, a grateful smile plastered on her face.

Lucifer took the silver tops off of the trays, revealing perfectly cooked steak paired with garlic, hasselback potatoes and a buttered croissant.