Haunting my thoughts

He had to admit, Emerald City was beautiful. Even if his view was cramped from his prison cell, the few he could see was a sight to behold. He had a view of the street, and the observatorium tower.

The stars and the moon were out tonight. Tomorrow Philisius will be relocated from the palace to be protected from the epidemy, or so he thought.

The observatorium global roof opened in loud mechanical cricks, catching his attention. Apparently, the king didn't join the Oz night patrol tonight. Surely that straw man was taking a break before returning to his duties. Philisius always looked at this rag puppet whenever he came to the tower. He knew the Scarecrow wouldn't be even looking through the telescope, and would rather star gazing at the sky, or rather moon gazing.

The fool! Cause he thinks staring at the moon would bring her back? Twice he had the chance, and twice he failed to regain her. And yet that second time, he was the one who put her in danger ! Just because 'good kingy woved his people' yet felt so weak to protect all of Oz, so he endangered his crush into vanquishing him! Wow, what a smart move for someone who brags his brains !

He remembered how he shoved that fact into his face twice :

"So Strawmeo! Why exactly did you build this rainbow mover thingamajig for anyway?" taunted The Jester as he approached the wheel where the Scarecrow hung on.

The poor being of straw couldn't help but to shiver a bit while facing his enemy head to head.

"You can't really deny the fact that something did happen between Dorothy and you!" he said before grabbing the straw man by the cheeks and squeezing them as he tilted the king's head in a mocking sing-song voice : "After all, didn't she said she was going to miss you most of all ?"

The Scarecrow king glared daggers at him as he freed his sack face out of the Jester's grasp. The fear was replaced by anger.

"Just you wait, Jester! Once Dorothy reads my message, she'll know what to do to defeat you!" he said, but the Jester paid no mind as he turned his back on him and walked away towards the leaders of Oz turned into puppets.

"Oh sure!" he mocks. "That is ..... if no harm comes to her first!"

He then engraved with his scepter the label: 'Dorothy Gale of Kansas' under an empty window case display. The king got the idea as he tried to shook free from his cuffs, but only managed to tilt on the side. His friends were horrified as him and tried to free themselves too, but in vein.

"Oh calm down! She won't be part of my collection! ... Well not if she can't get through the obstacles I'll send on her way here!"

"Don't you dare touch her!" threatened the Scarecrow.

The Jester froze at this sentence. Remembering a moment of his life when he too said the exact same words for someone .... He thought deserved his trust but backstabbed him when he became what he deserved ! It doesn't matter now ! He would show her how wrong they were and she would finally see Oz like he saw it ! But for now....

"Oh! And who's gonna stop me? You?" threatened the Jester as he shoved his scepter in the face of the man made out of straw. "You're in my possession now, your Majesty! And you're not about to leave this dizzying inferno soon!" he laughed as he spinned the wheel, making the Scarecrow scream as the green flames lighted up again.

He amused himself a little while longer before leaving in the upper floor in the tower where he kept his sister's crystal ball. And ..... his Anilozy as obedient as she should be. Hanging there on her silk solid strings, looking devoid of life and emotions, she was a wooden shell of her former self.