Way back before

Many years ago. Before the Scarecrow's reign, at the time of the wicked witch of the West's reign.

The Jester sat on the stairs that led to his sister's tower.
Hidden in the corner, wandering what his life is and what he should have become if he wasn't cursed!

Well she was his half sister, they had the same father, but two different mothers!

The two wicked witch sisters (of the east and west) didn't took very well the news of his birth and his coming in their home. Their father was a warlock trying to find a magic spell to animate lifeless objects (which later others would find his grimoire and invent the powder of life).

But all he achieved was to save some magical energy in a object that we cherish the most.

The two sisters managed to do it. One saving enough of her powers in her favorite silver slippers, the other one in her flying broomstick.

But both of them knew since the last born of their father was a male, he could have been more powerful than the both of them combined. So the elder cursed him cause they were scared! They cursed him to be the fool cause they were jealous!

Yes that's what they thought he was just a miserable, lame, joker!

The worst is that they made him lost his name! He doesn't remember it.

He didn't have a clue. Suddenly someone got him out of his thoughts, a young servant woman who carried an empty but heavy cauldron. By the looks of it, she was about to pass out in any seconds now. She fainted right in front of him, letting go of the cauldron who fell in a loud 'thump!' on the ground.

She was about to fall with it, but the jester quickly got up and held her back from falling.

"WHY YOU LITTLE...!" heard the Jester as he looked up and faced the look of his green skinned sister;

"I thought I told you to be careful! You little squirming worthless worm!" she sweared at the unconscious slave lady as she walked towards her brother and the woman.

"Perhaps those 50 whippings on your back didn't made you learn your last mistake!" she yelled at the fainted woman in the Jester's arms.

Then she finally come face to face with her brother. He didn't know why he did rescue this servant girl and he didn't know why he lied to his sister at this very moment.

"Ah finally I got your attention! I knew by messing with your staff I would be able to get you speak to me face to face, and..!"

His sister cut him off.

"You fool! Do you know how much important is that cauldron?" she yelled.

"Important as any of your monkeys behinds I have to guess?" he answered her sarcastically. She growled at the both of them:

"Get out of my view! The both of you! OUT!"

He left as he helped the slave on her feet.
The wicked witch of the West waved her hands in the air and made the cauldron leave the ground and fly to her while his brother and the servant left.

Once the jester found himself enough far from his sister, he laid the young woman on the ground and kneeled next to her watching her from head to toe and admiring her in every details. Her wavy red hair, her pinkish lips, her thin fingers, and her pale skin who reminded him the pale people made out of China. But she wasn't as fragile as them.

She looked like she was sleeping, her stomach lifted a little at every of her breathings.

She was wearing a long dark brown skirt with a yellow sleeveless top, around her waist an long white apron was attached it lost its colours and shape with the dirt and the holes on it, she had clog shoes on her feet. No doubt she worked as a slave of this place. He didn't know why but something in his being told him to rescue her.

Then she slowly opened her eyes, oh how marvelous they were. They were blue like the water, the element that could kill his wicked sister. No! Not that blue! They were more blue than that.

It seems turquoise with a hint of sapphire at the end. His eyes were locked on them with astonishment, she looked to where she were then she looked at him. She knew him, he was that foolish jester she just crossed in the stairs. She heard of him before, but this was the first time she met him. But those golden yellowish topaz eyes she was gazing on told her about him and his secrets, somehow, she knew she mustn't treat him like a threat.

She smiled at him to let him know that she knows that he rescued her and she was very grateful for that.

Oh! Her smile! So honest, so innocent, so sweet! How should he react to that smile? His heart beated faster as he gulped before he tried to have a gentle smile on his face but it looked more like a grin.

"Sister!!" they suddenly heard.

The jester looked up and saw like an older version of his fainted rescue, but with brown eyes and dark brown hair. She rushed to them as well as an older man than the two girls appeared and joined the elder sister. As they both appeared the Jester walked away a little because of the stare of that man.

It seems to be a warning.

The kind of warning that tells you 'You touch her you're dead!'

Then the man turned his look to his younger fainted daughter and carried her in his arms while the sister walked behind them. The red headed girl looked at the Jester one last time and the Jester saw them left until they were far away from his view. He will still carry the image of those blue eyes locked on him in his mind.

He didn't know it yet but this girl would change him forever.