"I'm sorry but I can't pick you up. Something came up with my dad and...".

"Oh my gosh, is he okay?" I ask.

"Well yes...".

"Don't worry. I'll just meet you there. Take care of your dad first okay? Call me if anything comes up".

He sighs.

"I swear, I've never met such an amazing person in my entire life. You're the best Alexis" he says.

I feel myself smile.

"I promise to make it up to you tonight, my love" he says.

"Kay" I say.

"I love you".

"Yeah me too" I say.

"Bye!" he says.

I hung up and sigh. I fall back on the bed; my towel still around me, as I stare at the ceiling. I close my eyes and drift off.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Colton's POV

I hang up the call and sigh.

"Done. Now what do you want?" I ask, turning round to face my father.

He looks at me from behind his desk and smiles.

Oh hell!

"Let's have a drink hm, son?".

"No thanks, I don't drink with backstabbing bitches like yourself".

He looks at me, then grins.

"Suit yourself" he says, pouring himself some scotch.

I lean against a table and watch him gulp down the alcohol. I roll my eyes.

"Look, I just blew off the love of my life because you said you had a life and death situation to talk to me about. If you lied only to keep me from going to the prom with her, then I'm sorry, because you're wasting your limited time" I say.

"Relax Colton!" he says, when I reach for the doorknob.

I turn back.

"God, you're so bad tempered. I wonder how that poor girl stands you".

I stick my tongue in my cheek and turn to him.

"Look, I do not have the energy to pretend to like you today. So cut to the chase, old man".

He scoffs nastily and reaches into a drawer, bringing out an envelope. He tosses it to me.

"What is this?" I ask.

"A little something that will surely bring a smile on your face and hopefully secure the throne".

I furrow my brows.

"What? You want me to sign your suicide note? You have my blessing" I smirk.

He looks at me.

"Look, I don't know where this cheeky sarcasm is coming from...".