TIPPY TOES (4)

{David Bowie as Owen}

EDITED
AUGUST 5, 2019
WORDS: 1193

Arienne didn't like confrontation.

She preferred to stay peaceful and passive.

But when the time came, she knew how to fight.

Her father was once in the military and hide no information from the young girl, no matter how gruesome of bloody it might be.

She had heard of the horrors of war and death. The strain in her father-daughter relationship with her dad evidence of it. His PTSD was horrible and caused a barely existing father figure.

Her mother on the other hand was cold and not motherly at all. She was the one Arienne had gotten the mutant gene from, her mom having the ability to call on stone and concrete. She wasn't affectionate and preferred not to deal with Arienne.

And having no siblings, the albino was alone in the world.

When her mother was shot during a burglary, Arienne's dad drank himself away and eventually abandoned the fourteen year old.

So, one night when she alone in the cold. Her pink eyes spotted a dance studio. The bright purple neon lights writing 'Alicia's Twins' drawing her in.

After transforming into a little white hummingbird, she broke in through a small hole and entered the mirrored room.

Inside was a music player and various albums. Looking through them she had decided on ballet.

With Maria Callas - Habanera - Carmen playing in the background she danced her heart out.

It had felt natural.

The magical flow of the beat had circulated through her and set her free.

While she was turning and dancing, one of the owners, a twin, was closing up. But stopped and passed by the room when they heard the music.

Fiona was enthralled.

This young girl, with pale skin and white long hair with a pink bow in it was dancing in her studio. Her ivory lashes fanned her cheekbones as she kept her eyes closed as she danced.

Her thin body only had a white t-shirt that had dirt smudged on it, a navy wool cardigan on her shoulders with a black skirt and tights. Matching flats on her feet.

As she lifted on her tippy toes and pliés, Fiona could almost feel as if this was meant to be.

This young teenage girl was one of the best dancers the award winning ballet dancer had seen.

And she was only fourteen.

That was the beginning of Arienne's future.