Chapter 26

I laid in the bed staring at the floor beside me. The tears finally stopped but my heart still ached and so did my head. My mind ran with thoughts of our marriage. There were so many bad days but there were good days that proved he was a good man. 

"Emily are you ready?" I could hear my husband yelling at me, begging for my arrival downstairs. My mind was to focused on my looks. He said to dress casual yet nice. What did that even mean? Looking at myself in the mirror I decided to settle with the high-waisted jeans  and a striped t-shirt. I wore booties with a small heel and a green army jacket. My makeup was natural looking with only a little dose of mascara. 

I walked down the stairs and into the living room walking to the front door where Ruxin was waiting impatiently. "I'm sorry I took so long. I didn't exactly know what to wear." Ruxin's eyes ran down my body, a devilish smirk forming on his beautiful face. 

"You look...cute". For some reason his statement hurt. Normally it would be a compliment but coming from him....it was an insult. He didn't want a cute girl for a wife. He wanted a sexy and experienced woman, which apparently I was not. I nodded my head lightly with a fake smile plastered on my face and headed towards the car. 

"Shall we go?" I said. I was suddenly pulled back by my jacket and shoved against the wall, causing a picture to bust on the tiled floor. His face was so close to me and his hands...one hot against my waist and the other burning my neck. I moaned unable to contain my excitement. The same excitement that I shouldn't have been feeling for him. He leaned in, our noses now colliding. 

"Just to be clear with you Emily, I find you incredibly sexy. You looking cute actually turns me on.  It shows your innocent and gentle side. It reminds of all the dirty things I want to do to you. Everything about you is mine, I own you". My chest rose up and down rapidly. I stared at his chest slowly nodding, unable to form words.

"Emily! I am home". The sweet voice of Ruxin's sister clouded my memories as her voice rang through the house. I sat up straight, wiped the dried up makeup off my face, and attempted to slow my breathing. 

"I am still here!" I yelled back, yet my voice was hoarse and could barely be heard downstairs. 

"Come down here, I have food!". I rolled my eyes and looked at the floor in sadness. 

"I am not hungry Mariel!". 

"But it's Chinese!" Christopher's voice sounds through the walls of the house easily. My stomach suddenly grumbles and I find myself getting up and slowly drag my legs downstairs. Upon arriving to the kitchen I see that the table is covered with boxes of chicken, noodles, and rice. I smile at Mariel and Christopher gesturing my thanks for the food. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Ruxin walking in, taking his place at the table. He sits across from me. 

The table is silent, Ruxin does not eat and instead eyes me for the whole meal. Mariel and her lovely husband dig into the boxes like vultures, while I, unable to speak or look in his direction am forced to take little bites of food every so often. 

After dinner is served, I quickly excuse myself and run back to the guest room, locking myself in the adjoined restroom. Bringing the tub to a nice blistering boil I slowly dip myself into the water, close my eyes, and breathe. 

After a good hour my fingers and toes are all crinkled and my hair is sweaty from steam. Jumping out of the tub I wrap myself in a plush towel and walk out of the bathroom only to stop in my place. Ruxin is sitting on the bed with his arms at his sides and his head down towards the floor. I stand by the door unknowing of what to do or say. My heart aches at the site of him and the memory of his previous words. "Emi-". 

"No". The light sound of my voice echoes through the room as I realize I just interrupted a man who feasts on control. My eyes slightly widen and I prepare for a bashful use of words. Instead I am met with silence. Ruxin sits, his head remaining down. "Ruxin?". 

His eyes jolt to my own with a new found sense of electricity. Two tears line his face and his soul seems full of guilt. As I stare at the beast in front of me I come to the realization that he has given over control. He has given me the chance to speak and act.