32. Infantino Street pt 1

Deserey had, of course, only met the Flash one other time, but it had been made very clear during their first, brief meeting that Barry was a very relaxed and caring man, if not just a bit goofy. Her first impression of the guy: Ray Palmer with a much lankier body.

So, it was a little disconcerting to see the guy appear so stressed out, now. Waves of anxiousness rolled off of him like a waterfall tumbling down the mountain side. His eyes didn't quite hold the same light they'd had when Deserey had first met him at Star Labs when they'd gone to get her codename from Cisco.

Barry shifted, something like guilt forming on his face, mixed with something that looked alarmingly like desperation. Deserey could see slight bags forming under his eyelids, like he hadn't slept in a while; his feet were dragging the slightest bit.

His hair looked a bit different as well, not just because it was kind of messy either. It was a little shorter, as if he'd gotten himself a haircut at somepoint. (Though, Deserey could have just been remembering his last appearance incorrectly...)

Barry sighed, giving Leonard a small wave in spite of the Cold Gun aimed directly at his chest. He didn't seem to find it even remotely threatening. "I need your help."

Leonard quirked an eye brow at him. but apparently he was interested in what Barry had to say, because he slowly placed his gun back in its holster. "Barry Allen, hero of Central City," he mused, gesturing around them. "This is Siberia in the year 1986. We're a little out of your jurisdiction."

Barry held a desperate hand out to stop him, taking a few steps closer. "Yeah, hear me out. I want to recruit you...for a mission."

Leonard rolled his eyes. He turned slightly, jerking his head towards the time ship that sat clear as day behind them. "I'm already helping a bunch of idiot do-gooders." He shrugged carelessly. "Sorry, I'm up to my fuzzy hood in teamwork."

Deserey shifted awkwardly, fiddling with the sleeve of her jacket. She couldn't help but wonder if she was supposed to be included in 'idiot do-gooders.' She didn't bother asking though.

Leonard turned his back on the Flash, heading for the ship even though Rip hadn't opened the door for them yet. Deserey glanced at Barry, shrugging apologetically.

Apparently, Barry wasn't going to take no for an answer though. He held his arms out, staring with pleading eyes at Leonard's back. "Would it help if I said please?"

"No." Leonard turned back around to face him. He sent a glare his way, but it didn't look nearly as harsh as the ones he'd been giving Rip. "You already have a bunch of superhero types in your life. Why ask me?"

Barry let out a heavy sigh, shrugging slightly. "Well you have a..." He hesitated, "particular set of skills."

"You need to steal something," Deserey guessed.

Barry nodded, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "Yeah," he admitted quietly.

"Also," Dez added, "Taken."

"Great movie," Leonard commented, smirking slightly. He turned serious again a moment later though, going back to shooting the Flash down. "Last time we tried to be buddy-buddy, it didn't work out so well..." With another smirk, he added, "for you."

Deserey tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Last time?"

"He asked me for help transporting some dirt bags across the city," Leonard explained.

"Yeah, and he sabotaged the truck we were moving them in." Barry grimaced at the memory.

Deserey gave a Len a look. "That's sort of mean."