39. Show Downs and New Suits

Deserey's suit was nothing short of perfection. It was a single garment made from protective leather -- a sandy tan color to match the theme of her powers and code name. White fabric outlined the arms, legs, and hips; her sand bag had been attached to the suit's side. On the back of the neck there was a netted hood with a matching pair of netted gloves on her wrists. Over her eyes she wore a pair of dark brown goggles with tinted lenses. Her boots matched her goggles to a T, all laced up and ready to go.

"So how do we smoke 'em out?" Kara wondered. She was standing next to Deserey clad in her Supergirl uniform, blonde hair flowing in the wind behind her, red boots planted firmly on the ground beneath them.

"I think we just did," J'onn said from Dez's other side. He had shape shifted into his natural form -- a six foot man with green skin and a pointed head. His eyes were narrow, his ears nothing more than identical slits on the side of his head. He'd morphed his clothes too -- a black battle ready suit with a red X on the chest. (Deserey was trying not to stare, but she thought it was just so cool! How many times would she get to see an actual martian in front of her?)

Non touched down just six feet away, eyeing Deserey and the two other aliens like they were the scum of the galaxy. Next to him stood a skinny woman with dark blue skin. She sort of reminded Deserey of Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy, not just because the skin color, but because she kept narrowing her eyes at them as if she was about to pull out a dagger and stab them at a moment's notice. Her hair was bright orange; it was pulled back, one side braided while the other side was left as a simple ponytail. It was a bold fashion statement, Deserey had to admit. She must have been Indigo.

"Where's your army?" Kara asked, tilting her head towards Non.

"Already in their sleeping pods," Non snipped back. He sounded like he was speaking for some uppety talk show. "Ready for the journey that awaits once we dispense with the three of you."

"And the omegahedron?" Kara asked.

"It's right here." Non held up a small do-dad that must of been the alien tech they were talking about. "Take it." He tossed it so that the little ball landed between Kara and J'onn's feet. "Smash it into little bits. You still won't stop us."

Dez snorted. "That's what they all say right before we beat their asses senseless." For added emphasis she slammed her fist into the palm of her hand. Non looked around slowly, his eyes landing on Dez. "There were more of you. Have your alleys left you to die?" Apparently, he was still thinking it was a good idea to underestimate the Legends.

"Aw, don't worry about me, sugar. I don't need a team to be bad ass," Dez grinned back at him. "I do that all on my own."

Firestorm flew in from behind the evil duo, blasting flames at the back of their heads and sending them flying across the field. "But since you asked..." He held his arms out like here we are!

The rest of the Legends stepped out from where they'd been hiding behind the largest hill moments ago -- all except for Ray, who was teeny tiny and of course Stein was absent as well, having merged with Jax.

Non stood from where he'd been thrown across the way, emitting a low growl of annoyance. In two swift movements, he shot identical blue streams of lasers at the Legends before flying right at Supergirl. The Legends scattered, Kara retaliating her uncle's attack by bringing them both into the sky. Carter and Kendra followed suit, Kendra tossing her knife like a boomerang, Carter swinging his mace expertly. Firestorm followed behind, sending repeated blasts of nuclear energy at the Scar-esque evil uncle.

Meanwhile, down below Sara charged Indigo, sending a hard kick to her stomach and knocking her down. Deserey followed her attack with one of her own, entrapping her in a massive sandstorm. One after another Leonard, Mick, and Rip took turns firing their guns into her. There wasn't much time for her to fight back before J'onn sent his own punch her way, sending her flying again.