26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A

Start from the beginning

Turning to look in the mirror, I noticed the light bruising that was on my left collarbone. "It's not like that."

"My ass. You don't have to tell me now, but you will eventually when you both get back, I'd rather find out face to face anyway if we're being honest." I swear she reminded me of another version of Sage.

"Y'know, Erik's friend has a girlfriend who I swear you'd get along great with." I chuckled. "It just happened, nothing more or less to it."

"Won't mean that it won't happen again." She sang.

"I have to shower, so I'll talk to you later." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yes, wash off the filthy sins you two committed last night-"

"Bye, Sanaa." I said quickly and ended the call. Tossing the beads onto the counter, I turned on the water in the shower, waiting for the room to get at least a little steamy before fully stepping in, and lathering myself in the floral smelling body wash and humming to myself. I watched as the white suds covered my skin and ran my fingertips against the keliods on my side, managing to count each one of them as I brushed against them. Mine were smoother when it came to mine and Eriks, but they still had the bumpy surface. The last scar from when we were in New York finally healed and started to feel the same as the others.

When I pressed my hand against the shower wall, I could still feel the loud bass that was coming from Erik's music, and I guess he had no plans on leaving the hotel today if he wanted to be this high. Rinsing my skin, I repeated the same process again before turning off the water and stepping out of the shower to dry off.

_______________

I walked out the bathroom when I was done, and the cold air hit my skin with a force. Truthfully, I doubt if Erik even got cold like the rest of us at this point. Peaking around the wall, I saw Erik sitting on the couch in his jeans, while he kept a blunt secured between his fingers, and the remote to the TV in his other. I could smell that there was food in the kitchen, and he must've already ate. "Do you really have to play music this loud in the morning?" I asked, coming from around the corner fully and walked into the kitchen. He didn't seem phased by my voice cutting through the music, but he did turn and give me his full attention.

"It's eight in the morning." He looked at his phone, raising his eyebrow back up at me.

"Still too early." I said quickly and turned my back towards him, listening as the music to one song died out, and another slowly came in. I poured myself some orange juice into a glass and took a few of the grapes that were in the fruit bowl next to it, and popped some in my mouth, nearly choking when I turned around and was met by Erik sitting on the table looking at me, not saying anything. "What?" I questioned and leaned against the sink. I knew good and well that he could feel that I was nervous, and he was enjoying it because he knew why.

He simply looked at me and smirked, saying nothing before the words finally came out. "Why're you so nervous?"

"Why are you high?" I shot back.

"I think better when I'm high and it keeps me relaxed." He reached forward and pulled me towards him, making me look up at him. "So answer my question since I answered yours." His hands fell to my waist.

"I'm not nervous."

"You fucking suck at lying you know that? I can basically feel that you are. Just come out and say it." He hummed and reached behind him, bringing the blunt back towards his lips and inhaled the smoke; holding it in for a few seconds before letting it go in the opposite direction. "Talk to me Mbali."