We’ll look deep inside.” Hailey grabbed Jay’s hands, the both of them bringing each others arms around their heads before sliding their hands down their arms. They spun each other around a couple of times. “And we’ll rise up and shine.”

We can be bold.” Hailey kicked water in Evie’s face, making the girl squeal as it hit her. She found herself putting one hand in Doug’s and the other in Evie’s as they began to spin around in their giant circle once more. “We can be brave. Let everyone see. It starts with you and me.”

It starts with you and me.” Hailey threw her hands up along with everyone else as they walked away as far as they could still connected to each other. Their classmates behind them moved to the middle before they all broke apart, grabbing the first person they could find. Hailey let Ally spin her around until they were at the front of the steps. The red head released herself from her hold before joining Evie and Mal.

If we all can do our part, we know that it can be the start to bring up the difference that we need.” They were surrounded by the others, Ben and the two girls being the one to sing to his future queen. Hailey grabbed a hold to Carlo’s hand, sending him a sweet smile. “I promise we can work this out. I promise we can see it through. Don’t you know it’s up to me-“

It’s up to me and you!” They all shouted as they sprinted forward before jumping, splashing the water in every direction.

We gotta be bold. We gotta be brave. We gotta be free.” They sang as they danced on their own. Carlos was in the middle, twisting his body in some form of breakdancing technique. Hailey waltzed forward as he finished, the two of them grabbing each other’s hands before he turned her around, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her away. “We gotta get loud in making that change. You gotta believe.”

We’ll look deep inside, and we’ll rise up and shine.” Lonnie and Jay jumped in the middle, sending water in every direction. He got to his knees, letting his date use his shoulders to pull herself up to kick at the air before they moved away, letting Evie take the spotlight. “We can be bold. We can be brave. Let everyone see.”

Evie held out her hand, telling Doug to take her hand. He graciously accepted her hand, twirling her towards him before he lifted her into the air. “It starts with you and me.”

Hailey laughed as Carlos kicked water over to her. She jumped forward, wrapping her arms around his waist. “It starts with you and me.”

They released each other as Mal and Ben moved to the middle. He lifted his girlfriend into the air as their friends crowded around them. Once he set her down, they all jumped forward, soaking the royal couple. “It starts with you and me.”

They separated themselves from the rest of the students, walking up the steps as the others continued to dance. “It starts with you and me.”

Hailey twirled herself around the dock gracefully before she came to a stop beside Ally. Her wet hair was sticking to her face, but she couldn’t care at the moment. Together, they all twirled around before throwing their hands out beside them as the song came to an end. They bowed, welcoming the future queen to the court.

"It starts with you and me!"

-

“Dancing in the water was a mistake.”

Hailey huffed as she wrapped the blanket tighter around her small body. Sure, it was fun while it lasted, but now she just couldn’t get warm. Carlos rolled his eyes at his dramatic girlfriend, setting his pencil back on his desk. He stood up before walking over to the girl situated on his bed. She always enjoyed spending her time in his room instead of hers. Ally always had company.

She held her arms open, silently asking the boy to join her under the blanket. He chuckled before sitting beside her, letting the girl cover him in the oversized blanket. She wrapped her arms around his waist, letting the body heat he had begin to warm her up. She sighed in content as he wrapped his arms around her, his back against the headboard.

“I know we said we would forget it, but I just want you to know that I really am sorry for the way I acted.” Hailey broke the silence, pulling herself away from his grasp to look in his eyes. “I promise that from now on I’ll tell you whats bothering me right away.”

“And I’ll do the same.”

Hailey didn’t know how she had gotten so lucky to find a boyfriend as perfect as him, but she wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world. She moved her hands to cup his face between her hands before bringing her lips to meet him.

He reciprocated her actions as soon as she initiated the kiss. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her in closer to deepen the kiss. Hailey ran her fingers through his white locks before stopping at the base of his neck. She would never get enough of the boy she loved, and she knew he felt the same way.

Carlos gently pushed her backwards so her back was against the bed. He held himself above her, pulling back from the kiss with a soft smirk on his lips. “You warmed up yet?”

Hailey laughed sarcastically before pushing him off of her. He landed beside her with a laugh, wrapping his arms around her once more. They laid there in a comfortable silence until the red head began to doze off. Carlos looked down at the red headed beauty with the biggest smile on his face. He pressed a gently kiss to her forehead before reaching over to turn the lamp off.

As they were enveloped in darkness, the two off them drifted off into their own dreams, never moving out of the others grasp, because to them, where they were was perfect.

I really just finished that, huh?

I'm getting emotional again so I'll leave it at that

-Devoid