Mal's gone

“Wait, are we really just going in there and throwing it out there? What ever happened to letting him down gently?”

“That’s not an option, given the circumstance.” Hailey explained quickly before knocking on the door to Ben’s office. Evie had just found a letter written to her from Mal herself, stating she was going back to the isle. Hailey didn’t blame her for it though. She wouldn’t go back to the isle, but sometimes she wishes she could just leave too. Hailey stuck her head through the crack. “Hey, Ben, we need to talk.”

The king stood up quickly, taking his bluetooth out in the process. “Hailey, Evie, come on in.”

Evie shut the door after she walked into the room. The two girls stared over at the boy with worried expressions. They had to idea how he would react to this kind of news, and the last thing they needed was for him to go all beast mode.

“Mal’s gone back to the isle.” Evie elbowed Hailey in the rib, making the girl hiss in pain. Yes, she probably could have said it with more care, but is was serious. They couldn’t waste anymore time than necessary.

Evie walked forward, her red heels clicking against the wood beneath them. She held out a piece of paper, along with the golden ring he gave Mal when they put him under the spell. “She left this.”

As his eyes scanned over the words on the paper, his eyes softened. “This is my fault. This is my fau- I blew it. She’d been under so much pressure lately and instead of being understanding I just went all beast on her. I have to go there an apologize. I have to go there an beg her to come back.”

“You wouldn’t last two minutes on the isle. You don’t know where anything is.” Hailey told the boy with a frown. She sighed, her eyes glancing towards the ground momentarily. She knew what she had to do. “But I do, so take me with you.”

Evie nodded quickly. “I’ll go too.”

“Yes!” Ben didn’t hesitate to agree. His eyes softened when he looked over at the two girls. “Are you sure?”

“She’s our best friend.” Evie said quickly. “And we’ll bring the boy too, because there’s safety in numbers and none of us is too popular over there right now.”

“But you have to promise us one thing, Ben.” Hailey’s eyes never moved from the ground below her. She didn’t want them to see just how scared she was. “You have to promise us that we won’t get stuck in that place again.”

“I promise.” Ben set a reassuring hand on her shoulder. The last thing Hailey wanted to do was go back to the isle, but she would do anything for her family.

Evie gave the king a soft smile. “And there’s no way you’re going dressed like that.”

Hailey snickered before following the blue haired beauty out of the office. The two girls walked down the hallways and to Evie’s dorm. She split ways with her two friends before entering her own room. She made sure Allie was nowhere to be found before changing into something that screamed villain.

She slipped her red and black fingerless gloves on before waltzing out of the room, seeing Evie already dressed in her own set of leather. “Ben’s getting the boys and they’ll meet us out front.”

The two friends then began their journey down the hall, not so eager to get to where they were going. Hailey wasn’t too excited to be around Carlos, because she knew he would be trying to get answers out of her, but she had no choice. It was too late to back out now.

They walked out of the building, meeting the three boys by the stairs that would lead them to the limo. As they walked down them, Ben tossed Jay various items. “Jay, the keys and the remote.”

“Wait!” Evie called out, stopping them from getting inside their transportation to the isle. “Something’s wrong.”

Hailey stood still, worried something was actually wrong, but she eased up when Evie leaned forward to fix Ben’s blue beanie.

“Shotgun!” A voice from behind Hailey called out. Her eyes widened as she turned out to look at dude, who had his own leather vest on. Either she was losing her mind, or the dog just talked.

“No Dude, stay!” Carlos commanded, stopping the red head from continuing her questioned. “The isle is way too dangerous.”

Hailey furrowed her eyebrows. “Wait a minute, did he just-“

“Talk?” Carlos finished for her, his eyes moving to meet hers. “Yeah, I’ll tell you about it later.”

His words seemed to of echoed through his head as he sighed. He didn’t even know if he would get the chance to talk to her later. He knew she had been avoiding him. She wasn’t that great at being subtle.

Hailey forced her eyes away from the dog, making her way over to the limo before climbing in. She didn’t know how this was going to end, she just hoped it wouldn’t be too bad.

-

I'm about to spam this book with the rest of the  unedited chapters in a little bit. Brace yourself, it could get ugly.