you are the reason

Start from the beginning

Carlos leaned forward, pressing his lips against her forehead in a soft kiss, shutting her up. His hands were caressing her face ever so gently. Hailey was taken back by the action, but she embraced the action. She had missed his so much in the past week. She just wanted things to go back to normal.

He pulled away with a sweet smile on his face. “I already know.”

“What?” Her eyes widened. He knew what had happened the entire time and he didn’t confront her? “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I knew you would tell me what was bothering you when you were ready.” He explained. His eyes traveled to every inch across her face, taking in the beauty she held. “Tyler told me what happened yesterday. He said he felt guilty.”

“You deserve someone who tells you the truth instead of ignoring you, Carlos.” Hailey said softy. She couldn’t understand how he could just forgive her so easily. She had ignored him for days, but he was ready to welcome her back. “You deserve someone better than me.”

Hailey turned around, ready to walk away, but Carlos grabbed her hand, turning her back around to face him. He brought her hand up to her chest, exactly where his heart would be. "There goes my heart beating. Cause you are the reason I'm losing my sleep. Please come back now."

Hailey snatched her hand away softly, turning around to walk away. She didn't know if she could do this. She wanted Carlos more than anyone else, but she had betrayed him by letting another man kiss her. How could he forgive her so easily? "There goes my mind racing, and you are the reason."

"That I'm still breathing. I'm hopeless now." She had given in to the pressure, making Carlos smile. His eyes glistened with hope.

"I'd climb every mountain." Carlos sang to the girl, hoping she would just turn around. "And swim every ocean."

Hailey let out a small breath before turning around, but she never made a move forward." Just to be with you, and fix what I've broken."

"Oh, cause I need you to see, that you are the reason." They harmonized in perfect unison, bringing a smile to Carlos' lips. Hailey almost smiled too, but she turned around, taking short steps forward.

"There goes my hands shaking, and you are the reason." She brought her hands up the her chest. She knew it was a bad idea. "My heart keeps bleeding. I need you, oh."

They were of opposite sides of the building know, the two of them pouring every unsaid thought into the duet.

"If I could turn back the clock-"

"I'd make sure the light defeated the dark!" Hailey joined in, her voice raising an octave to add the perfect melody to the song. Carlos never took his eyes off the girl as he continued to sing with her beautiful vocals in the background.

"I'd spend every hour of everyday (Oh), keeping you safe. (Oh)."

She finally turned around, and Carlos could see she wanted to cry. Spending months being with someone gives you the ability to read their body language pretty well. Hailey was a strong girl, but Carlos could always bring out the sensitive side in her.

"I'd climb every mountain, and swim every ocean." They were belting out the lyrics at this point, their voices bouncing off the bare walls. "Just to be with you and fix what I've broken."

"I don't want fight no more. I don't wanna hide no more." Carlos took the first step forward, initiating the make-up.

Hailey took the next step, hoping he wouldn't back out. "A little close now, just a little closer now."

They were only twenty feet apart now. Hailey could see Carlos' dazzling brown orbs glistening in the dark light. "Come a little closer now. I need you to hold me tonight."

" I'd climb every mountain, and swim every ocean." Their voices were lowering as they were getting closer. When they were right in front of one another Carlos grabbed Hailey's hand, silently confirming that he wasn't going anywhere. "Just to be with you, and fix what I've broken."

"Cause I need you to see that you are the reason."

They stared into each others eyes for a couple of seconds before Carlos wrapped his arms around the girls shoulders, forcing her to bury her head in his chest. "Never do that again."

"I'm sorry." Her voice was slightly trembling. She felt terrible for ignoring him when all he wanted to do was fix things. "I'm so sorry."

"It wasn't your fault." Hailey shook her head. It was her fault. She was the one ignoring him for days when he tried so hard to talk to her. It was all her fault.

"It was my fault. " she muttered. "I ignored you for days, so why aren't you mad at me?"

"Believe me, I am." She pulled back slightly to look him in the eyes. They held sincerity and they never moved from her own. "But my love for you outweighs the hurt and anger."

Hailey's body sent stiff upon hearing the word she had never heard from anybody. She couldn't believe he had just heard what she did. She felt as if she were dreaming.

"I asked Mal to make me a truth gummy so I could tell you. I was too scared to do it on my own." Hailey's eyes began to water, and she hated herself for it. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a silver necklace with a heart on it. "I even made this with my 3D printer."

"Carlos." Hailey said, her voice nothing but a soft whisper. He shook his head, silently telling her to just listen to what he had to say. It was his turn to talk.

"I remember how my chest used to tighten up whenever you used to laugh at something I said. We were still on the isle so I didn't understand what the feeling was yet, but then we moved to Auradon and it all made sense. I love you Hailey Hart, and if you would, can we just forget about Tyler?"

Hailey could only stare at him in amazement as he clasped the necklace around her neck. In her seventeen years of living, no one had ever told her they loved her. The feeling was foreign, but she knew she felt the same way. There was no doubt in her mind that she was in love with Carlos DeVil. There was no other way to describe her feelings for the boy.

She reached up, her fingers gently rubbing over the necklace. Hailey had never received such a beautiful piece of jewelry from anybody. She let her hands fall away from the necklace, bringing them up to caress his face in her hands.

"I love you too Carlos, and I would be glad to forget about him."

-

Okay listen.

I wanna make like an alternative version of this story that starts in the second movie, but I wanna know how i should do it.

The concept of the queen of hearts and her daughter are hella overused and Sabrina Carpenter is like the main fc they use.

I love Hailey and Carlos to death and I was one of the first to use Sabrina as my oc.

Although I do have another idea for the new story. Should I just make an alternative story that the Carley series or should I just make a complete different book using a new character and face claim?