traitor

After the incident, all students were questioned, then taken back to the city where a statement was released to the public

After the incident, all students were questioned, then taken back to the city where a statement was released to the public. Twenty-eight injured, one missing.

The next few days were terrible. The guilt of Katsuki's inevitable capture weighed on everyone's heart, and their spirits couldn't be lower.

You sulked to yourself in the hospital bed, Izuku in the one to your left. It seemed that the two of you being in the facility together was a reoccurring theme.

Your nose wrinkled at the smell of antiseptic as you turned to check if Izuku was awake. To your surprise, his eyes were wide open, staring at the ceiling above you with strange concentration.

"Izuku." You called. His emerald eyes swirled with a look you had never seen on him before.

No reply.

"Izuku, how are you feeling?" You pried, though your voice was more monotone than anything. Your throat was dry, but you didn't make any move to drink from the cup on your bedside table.

"Guilty." Plain and simple. And so unlike the boy you knew.

You sighed. Though you wished you could help, you too, felt engulfed by the same emotion. To your relief, the door slid open, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"How are you feeling?" Shouto asked vaguely, though directed more toward you as he strolled over to your bed. Almost instantaneously, the bandages wrapped around your abdomen started to feel a little too constricting. You were tempted to scratch at the fabric.

"Even while trying to save me, Katsuki is as rough as ever, and I have the wounds to prove it." You shrugged, a heavy-hearted laugh escaped your lips.

Izuku and Shouto frowned to themselves, though you hadn't bothered to look at their reactions. Silence filled the room before the bicolored male broke it once again.

"Listen, (Name)." You looked up, wary of the tone he was using. "I came to warn you before Aizawa gets here," He said, sending shivers down your spine.

"This morning they mentioned the possibility of a traitor," Shouto stopped, briefly contemplating whether he should continue or not. You had a terrible feeling of where this was going.

"As of now, the biggest suspect is you." He grimaced as the beeping machine beside you picked up its pace. You knew it.

There was a long pause. The only sound being the heart monitors, reminding you that Izuku was also still present. "Why?" You pondered, more to yourself than to the boy in front of you.