un - saving you

Lucy gazed out at the sea, watching the reflection of the silvery moon quiver as the waves crashed over each other. The waves were as dark as the night sky. As they crashed upon the shore, they left a thin layer of white foam. The woman stood on her wooden porch that overlooked the sea, her bare feet on the rickety old wood and a long, flowy cardigan draped over her shoulders. Her nightgown blew with the breeze, and she closed her eyes to enjoy the cool sensation.

She walked down the steps of her porch and stepped onto the beach, her toes getting buried in the cool sand. Her eyes scanned the beach, watching the waves move quickly and vigorously. Out of the corner of her eyes, she noticed a black figure walking along the shore. Lucy, being the curious person she was, walked towards the figure. It looked like a man, with spiky hair and a scarf.

Strange... She thought to herself, No one comes to the beach this late. I don't recognize him.

The man stopped walking and stared at the ocean. Then, he walked straight into the sea. Concerned, Lucy sped up her pace towards him.

"Hey!" she yelled. "What are you doing?!"

The man continued to walk forward until a wave crashed over him and he disappeared into the sea.

---

(A/N - sorry if the chapters are kinda short, i always get frustrated when a chapter is hella long, it makes me unmotivated to finish the story)

(also, the song that inspired this story):