|twelve| - edited

I woke up in Peters bed again. It seemed to become a daily occurrence, and I found myself dreading the day it would stop. I reached over and grabbed my phone, choosing to fool around on Instagram for a while. Eventually, the bathroom door opened. Peter walked out with a towel low on his hips, hair dripping, and a toothbrush in his mouth. The sunshine from the windows lit up his skin. My eyes traced over his abs, mouth dropped in awe. Maybe medicated me had a point, Peter Parker was pretty.

"Oh shith!" Peter yelled, words mumbled by the toothbrush. He turned around and rushed back into the bathroom, causing me to laugh. It still hurt pretty bad, but I wasn't going to take anymore of those meds. They made me loopy, and I had work to do.

I, clutching my ribs, walked back to my room. I swear I fell asleep there last night, so Peter must have brought me over here. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on, and this time actually got undressed. I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

My ribs and chest were black and purple with bruises, but at least that was hideable. My face was beat to hell. One eye was so swolen that I couldn't even open it, both so dark that I looked like a raccoon. The right half of my face looked the worst, with a small gash over my right eyebrow. My nose was somehow not broken though, that was the good news. My neck was purple, black, and blue, the place where his hand was being the darkest. I hopped away from the mirror and showered.

I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. I patted myself off as delicately as possible and got dressed, minus a shirt. I searched my duffle bag for Ace wrap, grabbing it and pulling it out triumphantly. I tried to wrap my ribs. Tried.

After a few minutes, I gave up. It hurt too much to reach behind me and I couldn't hold the wrap in place either. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Ari? You good?" Peter asked softly, and I sighed.

"Yeah I just can't wrap my stupid ribs with this stupid wrap." He laughed from the other side of the door.

"Can I help?" I could hear the smile in his speech, but I froze. I looked back at the mirror. The bruises looked arguably worse then they did yesterday and I didn't really want him to see that. But I can't do this alone. "Ari?" I leaned over and unlocked the door. He came in and closed the door after him, eyes taking in the bruises that painted my torso.

"God..." He mumbled, stepping closer. His hands reached out and brushed my waist, even the light touch making me hiss in pain. "Sorry." He mumbled, drawing his hands back. His left came up to my face, thumb rubbing the bruises.

"It's okay," I whispered. I dropped my head and he pulled me into a hug. It hurt. Hurt my bruises, my ribs. But it would've hurt more to let him go. My arms were locked around him. Eventually the hug broke. I handed him the wrap and he unrolled it, cautiously brushing it against my ribs. I mumbled an ouch and he pulled it away.

"It's gonna hurt worse if they aren't wrapped." He said softly. I nodded. He gave me one end to press onto my ribs and wrapped his arms around me, pulling it tight. I let out a small whimper. "Sorry, sorry," He whispered, taking the end of the wrap from me and pressing it down himself. He brought the wrap around my ribs again, this time lower and right above the fracture. He pulled it taught and I put both hands against his chest, pressing back slightly.

"Pete, Jesus," I groaned. He didn't stop, but he did move slower. My hands grabbed his shirt and balled into fists.

"Almost done..." He continued. I knew he was moving as gently as he could but god, it hurt. "Done." He stepped back slightly and I released his shirt.

"We should get down to the lab, today is the last day." I changed the subject, biting back tears. I searched though my duffle bag and found Peter's hoodie, pulling it over myself. I snagged a beanie and pulled it over my head. I didn't bother with make-up, knowing nothing I brought would be enough to hide the dark bruises and swelling.

[hero, the hard way]↣ p. parker | t.s daughter जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें