Chapter Ten

*Justin's POV*

The 'family fun' has ended and people are slowly leaving. I sat next to my grandpa in patio chairs outside.

"How old is that girl you're friends with?" He asked me.

"Who? Janice?" I frowned.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Oh she's seventeen." I answered. "Why?" I asked him.

"Just wondering." He said with a small grin on his face.

"No. What?" I demanded.

"You two seem to... flirt." He told me.

"What? No we don't?" I shook my head.

"Oh c'mon JT, you know that somewhere inside, you have some feelings for her." He smiled at me.

"Grandpa, I've only known her for a couple days. Plus she's seventeen." I told him.

"She won't be seventeen forever." He winked at me before standing up.

"Grandpa." I sighed. He laughed and walked away. Janice then walked up to me and sat down.

"I might have to leave soon." She told me.

"Aw okay." I sighed. "Thanks for coming tonight. It was nice to have someone to hang with." I told her.

"Thanks for inviting me." She smiled. "I love your family." She added.

"You do?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Wow." I laughed.

"Especially your Mom." She told me.

"Wow." I repeated.

"Why are you so shocked?" She laughed at me.

"My family is just so different than yours." I told her.

"But it's a good different." She told me. "Actually it's a fantastic different." She corrected herself. "My family is boring and all business. Your family is loving, caring, funny and dysfunctional. I love it." She smiled.

"Well looks like you'll be coming over more often." I laughed.

"I would love to." She smiled. She then pulled out her cell phone and looked at it. "I have to go. My Dad just texted me." She sighed.

"I'll walk you out." I told her. After she said goodbye to everyone, I walked her out to her car. "So when's your birthday?" I asked her.

"Next month on the eighth." She answered my question. "Why?" She asked me.

"I need to figure out what to get you." I told her.

"You don't have to get me anything." She shook her head.

"But friends are supposed to get their friends birthday presents." I pouted.

"Fine, I supposed you could get me something." She laughed and smiled.

"Yes." I fist pumped the air.

"I better get going." She said. "Bye Justin." She smiled.

"You can't leave without giving me a hug." I held out my arms and she walked into them and wrapped hers around me while I did the same.

As soon as we hugged it was like something changed.

A few seconds later we stopped hugging and then she left. I walked back inside and had to face my Mom, Lisa, Dad, Paul, and my grandparents. They all looked at me with the same smirk on their face.