[16]: The Garden

2018 Space
"I went for the head."

The remaining Avengers, except for the youngest Rogers Amaya, and Tony Stark were all onboard a ship as Carol and Rocket piloted them into space. Rocket, realizing that not all of them had been to space, turned around to address the group.

"Okay. Who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked. Rhodey, Natasha, and Steve were the only ones to raise their hands, and Natasha looked over at Katherine.

"You've been to space?" She asked.

"I've been to Asgard." She said, and then she turned around and looked at Thor. "That counts, right?" She asked, and Thor nodded his head with a slight chuckle.

"Why?" Steve asked, and Carol laughed.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket said, which made Katherine laugh.

"Approaching jump in three... two... one." Nebula said. The feeling was unlike any other, blasting through from galaxy to galaxy. Carol flew out of the ship and Katherine was always amazed at the glow that surrounded her in her suit.

"I'll head down for recon." They all heard over their coms before Carol flew down to the planet which even from the outside looked completely lifeless. Steve was now standing on another part of the ship, with his compass in his hands. Over time, he replaced the picture that he had of Katherine on the inside, with a picture of Katherine and the kids, back when they were still little for the most part. Since they grew up so fast, Katherine and Steve definitely made sure to take lots of pictures of them while they were babies and toddlers.

Katherine looked over Steve's shoulder and smiled at their family picture before Steve closed his compass. "This is going to work, babe," Katherine said. Steve looked over at her and wrapped his arm around her waist before bringing her close to him.

"I know it will. 'Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't." Steve said as Carol flew back up to the ship.

"No satellites. No ships. No armies. No ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol said, which to Katherine sounded like it would be a fair fight.

"And that's enough." Nebula spoke.

It was time to bring everybody back.

Carol Danvers first flew through the little shack that Thanos was staying in and restrained him by wrapping her arms around his neck. Up next came Rhodey in his War Machine suit, and Banner in the Hulk Buster suit to keep his arms restrained. After them, in flew Thor who brought his ax down onto Thanos' hand with the gauntlet on and he cut it off, causing the man to yell out in pain. Steve, Natasha, Katherine, and Rocket all walked inside next, while Rocket flipped over the gauntlet, surprised by what he saw.

The stones were gone.

"Where are they?" Katherine asked Thanos, stepping up to him after she looked at the gauntlet and noticed that the stones were gone. Thanos remained silent, not wanting to give them any answers when Carol squeezed his neck harder.

"Answer the question." She snapped.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose... beyond temptation." Thanos said.

"You murdered trillions!" Banner exclaimed, pushing him backward and onto the ground.

"You should be grateful," Thanos said, which fueled a rage inside of Katherine, as she kicked him hard against his face, causing him to stay on the ground, and she grabbed her baton. She wasn't going to summon lightning yet, but she was close. The old her, the Katherine that stalked, and murdered HYDRA, she felt it coming back out of her.

"I'm only going to ask you this one more time. Where are the stones?" Katherine asked.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." Thanos said.

"You used them two days ago!" Banner snapped.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable." Thanos said, which made Katherine roll her eyes.

"We have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying!" Rhodey said.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula spoke, and Katherine didn't even hear her come in.

"Ah. Thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Thanos said, and Thor who had been in the corner, not wanting to hear any more of his voice, brought his Stormbreaker down with a loud yell and decapitated Thanos in front of everyone.

"What?" Banner said.

"What did you do?" Rocket asked Thor.

"I went for the head," Thor said, his voice breaking as he spoke. He did that for Loki, Heimdall, and Nikita. Thor felt as if he had no one left in the world, and nothing else to continue going on for. Natasha watched him with sad eyes as he left the cabin, she knew losing Nikita was just as devastating for Thor as it was for her. She knew they probably wouldn't see Thor for a while, and she was right.

They wouldn't see him for another five years.

Ah, now it's time for the time jump.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.