[8]: Nidavellir [1]

2018 Nidavellir
"Your unwavering optimism and strength is the only thing keeping me going right now."

"I am Groot," Groot spoke as he along with Rocket, Nikita and Thor were still going through space to get to Nidavellir to get Thor a new hammer made, but Rocket rolled his eyes.

"Tinkle in a cup. We're not looking. What's there to see. What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig before." Rocket said. Thor was standing in the back, Rocket was piloting the ship, Groot was sitting and playing his video game, while Nikita also sat next to Groot.

"I am Groot." He said again.

"Tree, pour what's in the cup out into space and go in the cup again," Thor said.

"You speak Groot?" Rocket asked.

"What is Groot?" Nikita asked.

"Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective." Thor said.

"So... it's a language? This is interesting." Nikita said, which made Thor chuckle.

"I am Groot," Groot said again.

"You'll know when we're close. Nidavellir's forge harnesses the blazing power of a neutron star. It's the birthplace of my hammer. It's truly awesome." Thor said sitting down in the back, so Nikita got up and went back with him to sit and draped her arm around his neck.

"Hey... it's going to be okay. We're going to win this... we always do. Good guys always win, right?" Nikita whispered, trying to find a way to cheer him up. She knew he was still upset about watching Heimdall and Loki get killed in front of him because she was still upset about it too.

"It feels like we've already lost," Thor said. Nikita ran her fingers back through his now shortened hair. Although she didn't hate it short. She did miss running her fingers through his long hair.

"We're not down and out yet, look at me." She said, and Thor slowly turned his head to her, and she ran her gloved thumb over his cheek. "We know if Thanos gets the stone from Knowhere, he's going to go to Earth, so we're going to get you a new weapon, get to Earth, join the rest of our team, and kick Thanos' ass," Nikita said. Both she and Thor had no idea that the Avengers had actually split up. Nikita left during the talk about the Accords, she had no idea about the fight that happened.

"Your unwavering optimism and strength is the only thing keeping me going right now," Thor said to her, leaning his forehead against hers. Nikita smiled at him and brought their lips together. For the last, 7 years, since they first met in 2011, their relationship has been pretty much a big limbo of going between worlds, but now Nikita felt like they were in a solid place, and she loved him more than she's ever loved, anyone.

Then she hugged him. She wasn't going to bring up the loss of Loki, but Thor knew she didn't have to. He was just grateful that he still had her. That was a loss he wouldn't have been able to bear. "I love you, Thor... we'll get through this." She whispered to him. Thor ran his fingers back through her hair, before kissing her forehead.

"I love you." He said back to her. Nikita and Thor broke their hug, right as Rocket approached them.

"So dead brother, huh? Yeah, that could be annoying." Rocket said. Nikita looked over at him, and he had his backs to them, and she was confused as to why he decided to start the conversation with that.

"Well, he's been dead before. But, no, this time I think it really might be true." Thor said, which made Nikita squeeze the hand she was holding. She had both of her hands wrapped around Thor's, he told her once before it was something that comforted him.