Chapter 9 Toy Soldier (Part 1)

"I was playing with that!" Prince yelled from inside the TV room.

I turned off the sink, dried my hands and walked into the room, "What's going on in here?"

"Brake stole Princes' dolly!" Bailey yelled as she ran a pink plastic doll comb through a My Little Ponies horse hair.

"Nuh Uh!" Brake cried hiding something behind his back.

"What's behind your back, Brake?" I asked, kneeling in front of him.

"Nodting is behind my back!" He yelled, glaring at the ground.

I raised my eye brow in question before stick my hand out, "I know you have it, hun." He bite his quivering lip before putting the broken toy in my hand.

"It's boken!" Prince cried, tears forming in his eyes.

I put Brake in time out before carrying Prince up stairs, I set him on my bed, his tears ran down his chubby cheeks and he kept hiccuping. "Shhh, it okay, sweetie." I whispered soothingly before whipping his tears away.

"It's not okay! Grandpa Bucks gave him to me!" He yelled crying even more.

I walked into my closet pulling out an old army soldier. I walking over to Prince and kneeling in front of him, "This was uncle Bricks little army man, do you wanna see him?" I asked.

Prince's crying slowed down and his eyes widened in curiosity, "Ye-yes..." He coughed out.

I smiled lightly and pulled him out, he was really old and in a kind of banged up shape but that didn't keep Prince's smile off his face, "You have to stop crying, can't show weakness to the enemy. " I said as I placed to the toy in his hands. He nodded and hurry, wiping his tears away furiously.

We walked back downstairs, "Brake! Come here for a second!" I yelled from in the kitchen. Slowly he walked in, tears running down his cheeks.

"You have to apologize to Prince for stealing and breaking his army man." I said as they stood in front of each other.

"B-but it was an accident!" He cried, I gave him a stern look making him cry harder.

"Fine! I'm sorry! Is that it!"

"No that's not an apology, you have to mean it." I said, ruffling his hair.

He sniffled a little bit, "I- I..... I'm sorry, Prince..." He whispered.

Prince just smiled and pulled him into a hug, "Forgive you..." He whispered, barley audible. I smiled but it quickly turned into a frown as gun shots went off.

I grabbed both the boys and went to get Bailey, "Come here sweetie!" I demanded quietly, I picked her up and took the kids upstairs. I took them into my room and hid them in a secret room from inside in the closet, "Shh just stay quiet okay?" They nodded and I went for the home phone. I tried dialing 911 but it was disabled, my phone was still downstairs in the kitchen. I had to risk it, these kids mean the world to me and I couldn't lose them, no matter what...