Chapter 4

Everyone must go read Ghost, Ghouls, and High School Fools!!!! Its amazing and truly unique!!! username: flashbacktomorrow

Chapter 4

Rachel Ellis POV

The beach behind Olivia and Connor's house

10:00, The Bonfire.

I'm sitting by the fire, talking to Cori and Caleb, when I see something that shocks me. First, I see Ryan tuck a strand of hair behind Sarah's ear and lean in to kiss her. Involuntarily, I say out loud "Holy. Crap." I then look over at Cori and Caleb to see if they have noticed too, and Cori's eyes are practically bugging out of her head, and Caleb's mouth is flopping open and closed, gaping at them like a fish.

Now, this scenario wouldn't shock me if not thirty minutes ago I hadn't have watched her walk off with Connor to tell him she likes him. Another thing that makes entirely no sense whatsoever is that Sarah has never, I mean never, dated a guy in her own grade.

The second thing that shocks me, is not a minute later I see a hurt look take over Ryan's normally smiling face and see him get up and walk off towards the shore. Okay, what just happened?

"This cant be good. I better go make sure he's okay." I hear Caleb say. Caleb then gets up, dusts the sand off his shorts and heads towards where Ryan is seated.

"What do you think that was all about?" Cori asks me when Caleb reaches Ryan. I then shake my head and look at her. "I'm not sure, but I'm gonna go find out." I say, as I rise to my feet.

When I approach Sarah, she is hiding her face with her hands, and she then sucks in a snotty breath through her nose. I then hurriedly take a seat next to her on the blanket, and place my arm around her. "Sarah?" I ask but she doesn't budge or make a sound. "Sarah, honey, are you okay?" I ask.

A minute had passed when Sarah finally shook her head no at me. "Well, will you tell me what happened?" I ask softy.

Sarah then looks at me with red, tear-filled eyes. "Everything just went wrong. First, when I was trying to tell Connor how I felt, Miranda stepped in and made it perfectly clear that they are together. And then-" I then abruptly cut off Sarah. "Wait a minute? What? Connor is seriously with Miranda? Has he lost his effing mind?" I say and roll my eyes. "Im really sorry, Sarah." I say. Sarah just nods her head sadly.

"Now. This is what really wanna know; what happened over there with Ryan? I seen him kiss you and then, he just walks off. Now, what happened?" I stare at her with my eyes wide with interest as she begins to spill her guts.

"Well, I was really upset as I was walking away from Conner and Miranda, and then I ran into Livi just as I was approaching the fire. She was asking me stuff like 'What did he say?' and 'What happened' when she seen Miranda and Connor kissing from behind me. She then takes off towards Connor and goes off on him." Sarah then laughs a weak laugh. "So I then take off in tears, obviously, and Ryan catches me and starts hugging me and comforting me." I then let out an "Awwwwww" with a huge grin on my face, and Sarah then genuinely smiles and goes on. "We then went to sit down on the blanket, and he told me I was beautiful and if Connor had any sense, he would have realized that a long time ago, and then he kissed me."

I sit there in silence for a minute to process the information I just heard. Has Sarah lost her marbles? Ryan is absolutely gorgeous and in my opinion, cuter than Connor. Who cares if he's older than her? He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and the sweetest, and he likes her. She needs to give him a chance. "He's right, you know." I say and look at her seriously.