Chapter 1

Okay sooo here it is!! I hope you all enjoy it! And sorry in advance to the characters who arent in the first chapter as much as some! But dont worry, noone was left out of the first chapter either.

Okay before some of you all start wondering what Im talking about in this, cuz I dont know if every high school in america does this or calls it the same thing but Project Graduation is a lock-in the night of Graduation. You stay there all night with all the seniors and play games and win prizes and eat and whatnot. ( I won a digital camera at mine, but i got shorthanded, some ppl got laptops or flat screens) They do this to prevent partying and getting out and getting drunk and killed right after you graduate. And its basically your last chance to be together one last time, because chances are you will never see some of these ppl again. So yeah thats what it is.

Every chapter is dedicated to a character of the story, so the first dedication goes out to Olivia, since this chapter is in her POV.

California Roads

Chapter 1

Panorama High School

2:35, Last day of school.

"Livi, Livi, Livi!!" squeals my best friend Elise Gibson, of ten years. "Yes, yes, yes!" I then laugh and ask "What is it, Elle?", although I already know the answer. Elise has been counting down to the last day of high school since the end of eighth grade year. There is absolutely no question about what this is about!

"Okay, there is precisely one hour left of our high school careers! This is the last time we will have a last day of high school!" Elise says with a fake cry and brings her hand to her chest. We both then bust out laughing, knowing neither one of us is sad about leaving this place. Although I think the minute she crosses that stage and realizes its over, she will burst into tears.

Elise and I are sitting in Mr. Evans fifth period AP Chemistry 2 class. Mr. Evans is normally a very funny and laid back teacher, but today his patience seems to be running short. "Olivia and Elise! Quiet! There are still students trying to finish their lab notebooks so they can graduate as well!" says Mr. Evans with annoyance clear in his voice. "Sorry, Mr. Evans." I mutter and glance at Elise who is practically twitching, from trying not to laugh. But self control obviously wasn't in with works for either of us today, so Elise and I start laughing. When I was finally able to contain my laughter, I throw a side glance at Mr. Evans, who is glaring at us. Elise and I immediately sober up.

I pass the last couple of minutes of my last high school chemistry class ever doodling my name, Olivia Bateson, among other things in my three ring binder. My doodling is interrupted by the sound of the bell, that never fails to scare the bejezzus out of me. "Come on, Livi. We need to meet Sarah and Rachel." she says as she's gathering up her Chemistry book and notebook. "See some of you all in summer school! Place your books on the table in front. Have a good summer, and good luck in college." calls out Mr. Evans hurriedly while standing behind his desk. Elle and I toss our books on the table before everyone else and dash out the door and into a sea of teenagers.

"Oh, my God, Livi! Only one more period left and we are done with this place for good." gushes Elise as we make our way towards our lockers. "Oh, come on, Elle. You know you will miss this place. I bet you will cry at graduation." Elise then rolls her eyes dramatically and laughs "Oh, yeah right! That'll be the day." she says and begins spinning her combination to her locker.

When I was just about to grab the only book left in my locker, which was my English 4 book, I feel someone grab me around the waist from behind and pick me up and spin me around once, scaring the living daylights out of me. "Peyton! Shit! You know I hate it when you do that!" I complain at him when he whirls me around to face him. "I'm sorry, Livi. I just cant resist sometimes." says my boyfriend Peyton Meyers, of almost two years now. He then tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and kisses me slowly. "Gross, you two! Get a room!" complains our other best friend, Rachel Ellis as she makes her way towards us. Peyton then ends the kiss and smirks at Rachel "Your just jealous, Rae, that you don't have a hot stud muffin like myself to kiss on everyday." says Peyton jokingly. "Ha! Don't flatter yourself, Peyton... And be cautious, if your head swells up anymore than it already is, its gonna explode and get all in Livi's hair, and that would be a pain for her to clean up." jokes Rachel right back.