Chapter 2: The Alert

Mark was returning home from the last day of school that day. He walked slow paced towards his home. He looked around the neighborhood, making sure he didn't pass the house without knowing.
As he looked at the bus stop he saw his friend Kyle. He waved happily at him.

Kyle was also a Psionic. Mark met him this year in class and decided to become his friend. He found out that his parents were old friends lf his parents. They went to the academy together and lost contact. Seeing them made his parents joyful.

Mark looked forward. He saw his house in the distance, but then something distracted him. A loud footstep noise. He turned around but there wasn't anyone. He kept walking untill he heard it again. He once again turned around to see that there was a cloaked figure in the distance. It had a long black cloak with a gold inside. His face wasn't recognizable, as it was deep in the hood of the cloak.
He turned around and started running home. He arrived in his garden barely breathing, exhausted. He looked if the cloaked man was still there, but he was gone. He disappeared. Mark entered the house exhausted.

When his parents got home he explained. What he saw.
- Did you get hurt? - his mom asked worried. - No, I'm fine - he replied.
- Pack your things we aren't staying here anymore - His mom said and turned to his Dad - Honey, call the academy, we can't live in danger anymore -

Mark's dad sprinted to the phone digiting numbers on the phone that seemed random. As Mark repeated the words her mom said in his head, he realized something.

-Uh, mom- he said in a worried tone - What about the exam, I have it in 3 days- he continued. His mom stared at him for a second and then started - Don't worry your still going to take it but in another school, but not a human school, the Psionic academy.-

Mark's eyes widened.