01

"Genevieve Delilah Ceto! I told you a million times to clean this room

"Genevieve Delilah Ceto! I told you a million times to clean this room. There are only a couple of days before we move so start cleaning!" Lorelei Ceto scolded, her arms crossed as she stood in the doorway of her daughter's room. Genevieve rolled her eyes, closing her laptop screen as she slouched out of bed.

"Okay mom, I'll start now." Genevieve said as she gathered the clothes strewn across the floor of her room into a bundle in her arms. Lorelei gave a satisfied nod and left the doorway, leaving to finish packing around the three bedroom apartment. Genevieve sighed as soon as she heard her mother in the kitchen, the sound of silverware being cling together as she packed filled the air. She jumped back on her bed, opening the laptop again. She clicked on the facebook icon, brown eyes mindlessly scanning the feed. Genevieve's lips pursed when her laptop dinged, the little bell in the corner. Suddenly the little world in the bottom corner light up, signaling a new message.

Jamie Avery: code red! Call asap!!!

Genevieve rolled her eyes, wondering if it was actually a 'code red' or if her best friend was just being dramatic. Jamie and Genevieve had been friends since grade school when Jamie had spilt her glitter glue all over Genevieve's first grade art project. At the time, Genevieve thought Jamie had done it on purpose, so of course she retaliated by pouring her own glitter glue onto Jamie's head.

The two had been close ever since. They spent most of their free time together, walking around the city of Chicago in the way that all fifteen year olds with endless amount of time do.

Except their days of wandering was coming to an end.

A month ago, Lorelei had found out that her husband had been having an affair with his secretary and decided that he wanted to run off with her and start a new family.

A total cliche if you asked Genevieve.

So, her mom decided to get out of the busy city of Chicago and move to a small town in Forks. They'd be leaving behind four seasons for the wet and cold Pacific West Coast. No longer would Genevieve be able to roam the city, unable to recognize anyone. Instead, she'd be moving to a town with a population of 3,120 and attend a high school that is a fraction of the size of the one she goes to now.

Genevieve jumped when she felt her phone buzz from somewhere on her bed. Cursing silently, she threw the clothes that she had just picked up from her floor off her bed, recreating the mess that was there before. She let out a small cheer of triumph when she finally found her phone, glancing at the caller ID before flipping it open.

"Mimi, you know I need to be packing."

"Yeah, is that why you're on facebook?" Genevieve could practically hear Jamie, or as only Genevieve called her, Mimi rolling her eyes through the phone. "Gen, this is important. April told me that Dana told her that Eric told her that Maddie told him - "

"Mimi!" Genevieve shook her head, knowing that this could go on forever if she didn't stop her friend. "Get to the point."

Mimi was quiet for a moment. "Josh is cheating on you."