Chapter 42

I didn't realize what I had said until after I did. Her face brightened. "Oh my god. Yes!" She hugged me. I smiled. "Wait." I said. She pulled away, slightly worried about what I was to say. "I don't have a ring." I finished. She giggled in relief. "I don't care, we're getting married!" She smiled. I couldn't help but to smile too. "I have to go tell everyone." She muttered to herself. "Wait here, I have to go check on something." She said before prancing away. I smiled, I was getting married.... To Christine. I heard her speaking to someone outside. "Are they here?" She whispered. "Yes, in the kitchen. Uh, I heard you two arguing, is everything alright?" It was Daniel. "Yes! Perfect!" She replied. And i heard her walk away. Daniel came in, "Whats up with her?" He asked, smiling. I stared at him blankly. He lost his smile, "are you okay?" He asked. "I'm getting married." I answered. His face brightened again. "Congratulations Erik! That's amazing!" He exclaimed. "Daniel, I don't have a ring I don't have a proper suit, what am I going to do? I-I just blurted it out, I wasn't even sure I wanted to." I started to panic, "Erik calm down, everything will be okay." Daniel placed a hand on my shoulder. "Everything is going to change." I whispered. Daniel sigh, "Come on, there's someone waiting for you." He said, opening my bedroom door. I hesitated, he gestured for me to go. I slowly walked out, and into the living room. Daniel came up behind me. I walked out and a familiar man was standing near the door, another man next to him. They were brothers, you could tell. The shorter one approached me, "Hello Erik." He greeted. Oh my god, it couldn't be. "Remember us?" The other one asked, walking up to me. Evan and Nathan, my brothers. Evan was the first one to step up and hug me. I didn't know what to do, I hugged back, I missed them. Nathan came next, hugging me also. "I can't believe it's you-" I grinned. "After all these years." Nathan said. Evan was fairly small, about a few inches shorter than Me. Nathan on the other hand was about the same size as me, they both had blue eyes and brown hair. "We need to catch up, a lot." Nathan said. I chuckled, "yes, we do." "Boys, would you like something to drink?" Christine asked. Nathan nodded, just a glass of water please." He answered Christine nodded, "Evan, would you like something?" She asked. Evan shook his head, "No, thank you." He smiled. Christine got a glass of water and handed it to Nathan. "Thank you." He smiled. She nodded. "Make yourselves at home." I said. They sat, and I sat next to across from them. Christine sat next to me on the love seat. "So, how has life been?" Evan asked, I didn't know where to start. "Great, you've missed out on a lot it will take time for me to explain. Why don't you start." I answered. Nathan chuckled, "After you left, Mother and Father began to abuse us. Father died one night, he had been terribly sick. Evan and I were left with Mother. She had been getting sick herself. Nothing big happened, Evan and I missed you, a lot. We didn't care about your face, Erik. Only mother and father did." He paused. "About nine years ago, Evan had taken mother to the opera, for her birthday. A Don Juan Triumphant was the opera that was on. Evan had dropped her off, so we weren't there. The opera house had caught on fire and Mother unfortunately didn't survive." I lost all emotion in my face. I had killed my mother? "I'm sorry, I need to go." I said before leaving. Daniel chased after me. "Erik! Erik wait!" He called. I turned, I didn't know how to feel about this. Happy, sad, guilty. "Oh my god." Was all I could muster. "Erik-" I cut him off. "I don't know what to do, I don't know if I should feel guilty or happy! Or maybe even sad!" I started stressing. "Calm down, all you have to do is tell them." He said. "What? Tell them I lived under an opera house and fell in love with A soprano then went crazy and burnt down the opera populaire?! They will think I'm a lunatic! They would never believe me!" I yelled. Daniel bit his lip. Evan came out from the living room, he started approaching us. "Erik? Is everything all right?" He asked. I smiled falsely. "I'm fine-" Daniel cut me off. "Erik needs to tell you two something. It may seem hard to believe but you have to listen." Daniel said. I hit him in the arm. Evan looked at us confused. "Okay?" Daniel nodded and took his arm to lead him back inside. I followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Who remembers Evan and Nathan? More information on them will be in the next chapter! Vote and comment! 😘