"Everybody settle down. We have a new person joining us today, so if you would kindly make room for her so we can begin," he says calmly. The shaky one pats the seat next to him, and I graciously take it, smiling softly. "Let's all go around and introduce ourselves. Since you're new, Trina, you can go last so you can see how we do it. How about you start, Connor."

The long haired kid in grey glances at me with not quite a glare, but certainly not a smile. "Hello. I'm Connor."

"Hi, Connor," the others chant back, and my eyes widen in surprise. I thought they only do that in the media. You learn something new every day.

"I've been smoking pot for a couple years now, and now that I'm going to go into my senior year pretty soon, my parents want me to act more adult. They sent me here to try to get me to stop smoking. It's not exactly working, but I want to at least get a little better so I'm not as much of a disappointment," the boy continues. So he's still a kid. Wow.

The next person to go is the one in red. "Hi, I'm Michael!"

"Hi, Michael."

"So I'm not exactly addicted to marijuana, per se, but my parents are trying to get me to stop it entirely, so they sent me here! I love them, but it's not like I have a problem or anything."

Then it's Whizzer-but-not's turn.

"I'm Kevin!"

"Hi, Ke-"

"And I wanted to do something incredible my whole life! But then everything went downhill and long story short, I discovered the wonders of caffeine and drank way too much coffee and still drink a ton and I really need to stop but I can't and-"

"Kevin!" Christian shouts, causing him to stop in his tracks. "You're rambling. Take a deep breath and finish."

"My boyfriend Connor-not the one that's here, a different Connor- sent me here because he's worried about my health."

"Kevin, how many cups of coffee did you drink today?"

"Six!" he replies proudly.

"That's progress," Christian says, turning to me. "Last week, he had ten. We're trying to get it down to four by the end of the month."

And suddenly it's my turn. Time to explain my whole story.

"I'm Trina," I say nervously, waving slightly.

"Hi, Trina," Connor and Kevin say. Michael appears to have zoned out, so Christian walks over to him and nudges him slightly.

"Oh, uh. Hi, Teresa!" he says, blinking owlishly.

"Close enough. So ever since my ex-husband and his boyfriend died, I've been drinking. At first I thought little of it, but over time it began to affect everyone around me. My husband, son, and even my neighbors practically have to babysit me. The other day, I apparently got so drunk that I thought I was a tree and tried to photosynthesize. I know, crazy. I made a vow to myself and to my loved ones to try to improve, so here I am," I say, becoming more confident as I progress with my story. Once I finish, Christian claps his hands together.

"Let's get working, people!" he announces happily, and begins to explain the activity for the day.

We get partnered up so that we can really get to understand how each other is struggling, and we are told to give any advice we may have. I get paired with Michael, who only seems to be semi-present. He tells me that he is, in fact, high, and no matter how many times I tell him what my name is, he seems convinced that I am a tree named Teresa. At least he gives somewhat good advice. Michael tells me that whenever I feel the urge to drink, I should think about my family and how much I love them. I should think of the promise I made them and try my hardest not to break it. Before we know it, the session is over, and Christian brings us all back together.

"Before we go," he says, smile still plastered on his face. "We need to teach Trina our motto. What is one of the most important things?"

"Turning off our feelings!" Kevin shouts with a smirk.

"Kevin, you may think you're funny, but you're not."

"Don't try to change yourself to please other people. Be yourself!" Michael says, grinning happily.

"I wish that was our motto because that is much more meaningful. Our motto is 'hydrate or die-drate.' We need to always drink enough water, especially in your case, Trina. You're not allowed to get a ton of alcohol in your system anymore. Water is the way to go!" Christian finally says.

"Hydrate or die-drate!" the rest of the group exclaims.

"Alright, everyone. You are free to go. See you all next week."

Everyone wishes me farewell as I retreat to the nearest bus stop. With the help of these people, everything may turn out alright. Hopefully soon I will be able to get a job again and actually help my family. But until then, baby steps. 

Okay, so for the media, this is an adorable 8 bit version of Falsettos I discovered the other day, and I absolutely adore it! Also! I made a Falsettos discord server! If you want to join, PM me! :D