Chapter 3: Red's story

Start from the beginning

Red's POV:
'I can't believe that they still trust me.' I thought to myself before I felt ice cold water splashed all over me and I saw everyone with a giant bucket of cold water, "Now that's cold." I said as I heated up my entire body to dry up, "That's pretty cool. Also, it was the only way to bring you back to reality." Amalia said as she was right next to me, "And besides, the contest is going to start soon." Amalia added. I smiled and used my powers to hide my wolf ears and my scales to make me look like a normal person, "Wait, you can change your appearance just like that." Dally said, "Well, I have to concentrate a little and I can make myself look like anyone or anything." I said. "So, does that mean you can turn into a girl if you wanted too?" Amalia asked me, I turned bright red and scratched the back of my neck "Y-yeah, but um, I tend not to do it." I said, 'That's rich coming from you.' Blaze said in my head making me turn even redder to the point where I was actually steaming up, "Um, Red, you're steaming up." Dally said, I tried to cool off but was distracted by Blaze's laughter in my head then Amalia took my hand and the others watched as how I was able to calm down and cool off in no time. "Feel better?" Amalia asked, "Yeah, it was just Blaze laughing in my head." I said, and I saw the others looking at me and Amalia with stoned faces. I took my hand back and grabbed my guitar and looked at the others, "What?" I asked, "Care to explain why you are always able to calm down whenever Amalia gets near you or talks to you." Eva said, "It's a long story." I said, "That's your answer for all of our questions about you." Ruel said and he was right, "Fine, it's because Amalia reminds me of my mom. Happy now." I said as I saw the shocked look on everyone's faces including Amalia's. I looked away and before I left the room Amalia grabbed my arm and the others all looked at me with grim faces, "So, what you're saying is that in your universe I was your mother?" Amalia asked me, I nodded my head yes unable to speak to them. That's when they all hugged me and I haven't felt such affection in such a long time that I've almost forgotten what it was like, "We are sorry about what happened. But now that we know that there's a way to calm you down we can use that to our advantage in case you ever lose control of your anger." Eva said and Amalia seemed like she had a broken heart but I knew that in the future that I wasn't a part of her life. "Amalia I know that you like me a lot, you're not the first one that it happened too. But, for me I can't die because of my powers and because of what I am. Also, you already have a future with someone else." I said, "What do you mean?" Amalia asked, "Sorry, I can't tell you. If you mess with time, then time will mess with you. It happened to an old friend of mine and he ended up creating an alternate timeline and it changed his friends' lives and they had no idea." I said and they understood what I said, except Dally who started snoring. Eva slapped him and he woke up and she told him in a simple way that he understood, I looked at Amalia and I knew what I had to do and luckily the contest was about to start. "I'll make it up to all of you. I'm sorry." I said as I teleported downstairs and got ready for the contest.

Amalia's POV:
After what all of us just learned from Red about me being his mother in his universe I was heartbroken by the fact that I was still technically his mom which is why he was able to calm down whenever he lost control of his anger. But I was more upset about the fact that he knew I really liked him but he knows the future apparently and said he can't say a thing about it or the course of history would change. "Don't worry Amalia; I'm sure he has his reasons for telling you about this." Eva said as she comforted me, "I thought he really liked me." I said half-heartedly and tears started to flow, then I felt a hand on my cheek and saw Red in front of me and he must be using his speed to slow time down because only the two of us were able to move normally. "Why didn't you just make up some excuse as to why I shouldn't have fallen for you back in Emelka?" I asked, "I didn't know who you were until later on. But, I really am sorry for not telling you. But there's a song I'm going to sing downstairs that I want you to hear along with the others." Red said as he wiped the tears from my cheek, "You really have a way with words you know." I said smiling a little bit, "I know, my mom, your doppelgänger always said the same thing." Red said and I started to feel a little better and somehow I could feel my broken heart become unbroken. "Alright, we'll be there soon." I said and he disappeared in a flash of light and I turned towards the others and they saw how quickly my mood changed, "Is everything alright, Amalia?" Eva asked, "Yep, now come on. Red is going to be singing soon." I said as I hurried to the lobby with the others behind me. Once we got to the lobby we made it in time when the innkeeper introduced Red to the stage.