Chapter 8: Party

A.N. I know, It's been a while since the last chapter. I was kind of unenthusiastic about continuing this story further, but I came up with new ideas that make it interesting to at least write. Don't promise the frequent updates, tho.

"Uhm...I can explain..." Danny said slowly, still holding the shirt.

"That should be one...interesting explanation," the redhead responded.

Her green eyes stared at him in shock. They constantly traveled down to his chest, before being forced upwards. Yes, he was built just as expected from a person of such strength. Too well. But it was one thing, it was incredible how they managed to function with so many bruises. She thought that the scar on his face was the only on him, left by a single accident. Either the teen she had been hanging out with was the unluckiest person to ever roam the Earth, or he was involved in something else. Danny's case just became even stranger.

"Look, don't tell anyone, alright?" Phantom requested, finally pulling down the shirt. "I don't like people staring at them."

Wendy nodded slowly. She could understand now why he refused to show off his build. "I won't tell, but...where did you get those?"

"I guess there is not much point in hiding it, eh?" Danny said bitterly. "Don't stand in the doorway, close the door."

The girl entered the room and shut the entrance, just as he told. Something in his stern tone made her do it without questions.

Phantom meanwhile looked at her, for a moment he wanted to get as far away as possible, but the desire quickly dispersed as the instincts were subjugated to the calm and rational thinking. But he tried to think up something, because he obviously was not in the best position right now. The best lie is a twisted truth, Danny guessed before beginning to talk.

"I don't want the rumors to spread, you see," he muttered, sitting on the edge of the bed. "If the people learn about this, by the end of this week I will be either a gang leader or a mentally ill teenager who harms himself."

"I get it, dude, my mouth is shut."

Wendy moved her fingers across the lips and smiled. The corners of Danny's mouth twitched upwards.

"To make it short, the ghosts are my speciality. And they do pack a punch sometimes."

"So all of this..."

"Yep. Sometimes there are pathetic poltergeists, sometimes you get a grotesque beast."

"That's so cool, man!"

"I know...wait what?"

Wendy sat near him and nudged his hand. "I mean, you are a real ghost hunter! I met two ghosts once, they almost killed us! To think someone's job is to capture that powerful things...not that crazed up lunatics."

Phantom snorted and chuckled. "It isn't a job. I am simply capable of doing so and I have plenty of money as it is. But making the living conditions better by moving them aside I can do."

"They are in that old diner 'Dusk 2 dawn'."

Danny's eyes widened. "You mean that elderly couple? Actually," he pointed at the thermos in the corner. "they currently reside in there."

The redhead was staring at the thing in shock. Her newest friend seemed more and more amazing. Phantom patted the thermos slightly, seeing a glow from within. Wendy got curious, and the half ghost noticed this.

"It is bigger on the inside."

He knew that better than any human. Being trapped there was not funny, even with all the space it granted. Courtesy of Tucker's perfect aim. But the other ghosts knew what they were risking, he had made this perfectly clear that attacking humans was a straight ticket there, but so few actually listened, so Danny had no moral issues stuffing them there.