2.

Being  surgeon made me value sleep and taught me to embrace it anytime anywhere be it day dawn night twilight. As soon as i hit bed i was sleeping like baby.

Sunlight coming through curtains pulled me from comatose state. Slowing dragging myself from bed i entered bathroom to do my morning rituals and  had hot shower, after so many days i enjoyed alone time (dont get me wrong but these alone stolen time is exercise to stay sane in this hectic seclude..... MUCH NEEDED), all tardiness because no work for entire weekend made me strangely happy, which i never thought would enjoy.

After drying my self and wearing light pink cami top and boyfriend jeans i went to kitchen to make coffee (i like my coffee dark creamy and no sugar) as i dont trust anybody to make my coffee as i cant start my day yelling at someone as its not my nature....

And made myself a good big portion omelet, after arranging dish on table and cleaning everything i enjoyed my breakfast, as i was half way enjoying in my bubble Oli seat next to me and started eating from my plate.

"Hey lady make your own breakfast" i said annoyingly. 

"I can but i like to irritate you"  she retorted. 

"Well i am not irritated as you will make me too after you finish stuffing your mouth my omelet so we are equal"

"I wont because i already had my breakfast my boyfriend made me" she laughed 

Holy cow that really made me irritated and angry but i cant stay in that mood long, its not me and she knows me....

I smirked which she hate.

Now we are equal, i hate to lose. And smirked again.

"Come on, we both are free why not do a movie marathon , its long since we did one" she asked with puppy eyes.

"Okay, but we will watch eternal sunshine of spotless mind  first or i am out"

"kat you really start with crying yourself out till whole movie"

"YUP"

"Come on bitch we will start with shit movie" she hissed 

hour passed...

"Katy dear stop crying you are going to dehydrate your self and we are soon going to out of tissue supply"

"How can you erase  the memories of love one....." cant complete the sentence as started hiccuping.

"Hold your breath and let me fetch water for you" informed with concern.

My phone started ringing some where in room. I found it under pillow, it was from hospital and answered it.

"Hello Dr Katherine speaking"

"Hey nurse polly speaking, Doc can you come for consulting as Dr David is not here and its VIP patient and Doc asked to call you when he is not here" she pleased

"Okay be there in thirty; bye"

"Bye"

"Oli dont bother yourself i am going hospital"

After applying minimal make up and changing into shirt from cami, i booked uber as i dont have energy to walk.

"Hey Polly please send patient in 5 in consulting  room" i informed 

"Copy that"

After finishing consult i went to fetch coffee, when i came back polly asked me to cover the rounds to for Dr. David and i cant deny her.

After taking post opts i started to documentation of every patient and stood for another coffee

"Hey you are still here?" asked polly

"I can say same to you polly"

"I am waiting for Dr. Miles for one patient's post opt...." said as she was yawning now.

"Go polly i will do it"

"Oh no no i asked enough today you go"

"Polly its an order"

"Okay, Room no.4010 Ms. lily Julian"

 "Got it"

I entered room and read charts and i saw most beautiful lil angel watching peppa pig.

"Hey sweetie, I am Dr. Katherine you can call me Kat ; can i know your name?"

"Hi, my name is lily"

"Lily as in beautiful lil flower"

"Lee told me i am little bud that will turn into floower when i will become big"

I smiled she truly is sweetheart 

"Do you know where lee is?"

"I don't know"

"It's okay sweetie, can i know how are you feeling, are you experiencing any pain in tummy"

"Yes but less after polly gave me gems"

Oh so polly is good with kids; poor lily doesn't know it wasn't gems it was medicines.

"Good....."

After checking thoroughly and changing dressing i was about to leave when i heard someone crying.

"Lily sweetie why are you crying" i asked

"I want mommy or lee to sleep with me as i an cared"

"Princess do you mean scared"

"Yup that only"

"Do you know where they are or any number" she started crying very hard and now patient's relative from other rooms came nearby to check and i had hard time to make them understand situation.

"Kat can you stay...."

"Please can you sleep with me i will not toble you"

"trouble no baby ofcourse i will stay can you give me a min so that i can call someone"i assured 

I called oli and told her not to wait and as soon as i turn to see lily she have made space for me to fit in bed and had one book in hand for me to read for her to sleep. Internally i hate her Lee and mommy to leave child alone in hospital; i removed my coat and shoes and climbed to bed.

"So now tell me which book you have?".

"Cinderella" she told in excitement.

I read her whole book and when i was drifting to sleep i heard her murmuring something to me.

"I love you katy, wish you would be my mommy".

I cried for her as she is so innocent and adorable than should be loved immensely and yet her mother is no where to see, I know what it feels like to miss mother.

"I am here for you principessa and love you too".

Finally sleep embraced me.