Chapter 1

~Makotos' POV~
"We did it. We finally ended this despair inducing killing game from hell." Forced Aoi Asahina in between her sobs. As we held hands, all 6 of us waiting for the big gate to open. Since we did defeat the mastermind herself: Junk Enoshima. When the gate finally opened I was blinded by the sudden flood of light. When I opened my eyes after being temporarily blinded I saw the poster of my favorite game: Persona on my ceiling.

I then realized that I was in my room and currently drenched in sweat. Which means that all of that was just a 'dream' it didn't feel like one though. It was too real and detailed be a dream. But I soon shook off the weird feeling dream when I checked my calendar. It was my first day of high school! I instantly got up and took a shower.

All because this school is extra special. I'm going to Hopes Peak Academy. This school is only for the best of the best. The ultimate high school level students in their respected fields get to come here. As scouts usually see if a student is worth coming here. I only got in through the draw they have to allow one student to join their school each year, to study luck as it's a very important skill? I'm not sure but anyways I'll be known as the Ultimate Lucky Student Makoto Naegi.

" Makoto you're going to be late! Don't you want to go to school?" Shouted my little sister

" Yeah yeah. You know I do Komaru, anyways  is breakfast ready. It should be by now." I responded to her

"No I'll do it now." Komaru whispered.
"What?" I asked
"I SAID ILL DO IT NOW!" Was the response I got.

Komaru Naegi is my little sister who's a few years younger than me. She's meant to be making breakfast today since mom and dad already left for work, since they work for the Towa group. They're very famous and are currently building our future. (The company of course my parents aren't THAT special, I mean none of us really are.)

I then ate my breakfast and left.
"Hey, thanks for breakfast, I'll make dinner tonight I'm going to go now bye!" I yelled to Komaru with one foot out the door.
"Ok byeee! Don't wait up for me though." Replies Komaru.

"Love love, I can't believe it worked!" Declared a weird looking plushie, from a bush beside Makoto's house after he left. The plushie was half pink and half white. With a belly button which was sticking out and a diaper on. Very weird tbh but at least Makoto didn't see it.
"Now all I have to do is tell him his future before the school day ends, and hopefully he'll prevent it." Huffed the plushie trying to keep up with, but stay hidden from Makoto.

                           ~Junko's POV~
' Upupupu seems like despair won over hope. How does it feel Makoto Naegi to not be able to save everyone?' Jeered the mastermind who seems to be unable to contain herself, because she seems to be over come with despair. For being the sole reason why the world has been thrown into a never-ending pit of despair. While also watching the final 6 people who made it this far in the vicious killing game, filled with almost never ending hope being over come with despair. Especially their source of that never ending hope Makoto Naegi the Ultimate Hope.
My eyes suddenly opened, I was feeling hot all over because of the overwhelming despair I felt in that so called dream. To be honest it didn't feel like a dream I thought it was real but how sad. It wasn't it was only a dream which filled me up with some sort of despair like feeling as I know that my plan can't work out that perfectly. But I can't wait to experience it.

Since I was a bit hot and sweaty I wanted to take a nice hot shower. But to my distress there was only ice cold water during a cold spring, so I obviously couldn't take a shower. Those little tastes of despair keep me, Junko Enoshima  the Ultimate Despair going the whole day. I checked the date and saw that it was the first day of high school. And also day 1 of my master plan to chuck the world in never-ending pit of despair, despair and more despair.

Junko then walked out of her sickening hot pink master bedroom, into Mukuro's single, black and white bedroom. Junko walked up to her sisters bed with the intentions of waking her up. But she just loomed over her sisters face, wondering if she really did get more freckles since the last time they saw each other. But those thoughts were cut short when Mukuro had suddenly jolted her eyes open.

"Was there something you needed sister?" Asked Mukuro almost fully awake.

" Nope! Just wanted to tell you school starts today. And so does our plan upupup." Snickered Junko jogging out of her sisters room and into hers' so she could get dressed.

" When I'm finished getting ready I'll be at the shooting range." Stated Mukuro half dressed
"Okayyyy! But I won't wait for you, if you're not here by 7:50 I'll leave without you." Said Junko in an almost singsong voice.
"Will do sister, I'll head down now and will be at the door on time." Replies Mukuro.

'Ugh why does stupid Mukuro have to be a solider. Why is she soooo cold and distant. Like you don't have to be a solider allll the time you know. It's called a life. I mean I get that she's inferior in all ways upupup. But still at least show me praise. Hmph." 😤 Was what Junko was thinking as she went downstairs to eat her breakfast. She had a simple breakfast just some cereal and milk with a cup of juice. But sadly there was no juice so she had to settle for water.

When it was finally 7:50 Junko went to the front door. And saw that Mukuro was already waiting for her.
"I told you I would be on time sister." Said Mukuro.
"I can see that stupid. Let's just go already." Mumbled Junko when she and Mukuro left and closed the door.

~Authors note~
Junkos' dream is what would be the alternate ending in my opinion if Makoto didn't spark hope again into everyone's heart and they chose despair.