Ch. 35

Chapter 35

Our make-out lasts a good two minutes before a voice I never want to hear again, invades my sense of sound.

"Noah," Camry croaks, causing him to spin around, his brows scrunched together.

"Woods?"

She nods, her mascara staining black streams against her foundation. "I-I just need to speak to you."

Noah grasps my hips, sliding me off the roof before he stalks over to her. I follow, keeping a close distance so that she knows I'm here. But, her eyes never even blink in my direction.

"I love you so much, Noah." She begins to sob, her hands cradling her face. "I want to be with you, hell, I've wanted to be with you since high school. We've always had an unbreakable connection."

As I raise my brows, her eyes flicker in my direction. "Now, she's here, you don't want me anymore. Our connection is broken, but it doesn't have to be. We can move on from this shitty town, move on from Washington entirely. We never have to see any of the people that hurt us again. Ever."

I wonder what connection she thinks she has with Noah. He's the sweetest guy I've ever known, so maybe he was a little too sweet with her, not knowing she has a sugar addiction. She'd eat him up like no one's ever seen and when she's finished she'll pretend she's starving and move onto the next.

"Ever?"

I narrow my eyes in his direction, his back never turning to face me. Is he actually considering this? Now that doubt made her way inside, she's become too big for me to eradicate on my own. I need Noah to stay with me and help me get rid of her, but his eyes are on Camry and not on me. She's known him longer and maybe, they do have a connection I can't even come to close understanding.

"Ever."

He sighs, his head hanging to the ground before he lifts to face her. "You know, I've always felt the same way, even in high-school. We just shared a connection that no one understood. We were like best friends."

I blink as steaming hurt saturates my eyes, Noah's words carving deep as he spews them. Words cannot explain the agony that comes from a dagger sharper than life, slicing into every part of you, not a care in the world as it does so. It was as if they didn't see me falling apart, falling apart as they come together.

"When she broke my heart, all I could think about was you. I never had someone like me as much as you, Cammy. She couldn't stand me, but you, you loved me from the start. That's all I've ever wanted."

I thought he accepted my apology. I thought he forgave me, but like I've said before, you can't cover a scar and pretend it doesn't exist. I've scarred him and now he's grown stronger and doesn't want me anymore. He knows he can do better and I know that he will.

She smiles at him, her eyes glossy as they land on me, then she looks away and drags him with her. His eyes never even glance in my direction as he walks away.

And I know that I have nothing left.

I raise my hands in front of me as they tremble profusely, nothing I've ever experienced before. Heavy pants replace my breaths, the ability to breathe becoming a laborious task. As if I was back in Blue Valley Beach, struggling to stay above water, my arms fall to my sides, all feeling lost. I don't understand how I didn't see this coming.

I don't understand anything. I'm waking up a fraction of who I was when I woke up this morning. If I survive this, I'm done here. I'm never stepping foot in this town again.

But, as I collapse backwards, I don't know if I'll escape this trip into darkness.

A/N:

I dont know how I feel about this chapter so let me know what you think.

Happy reading!