Chapter 2: Kebla Market

Start from the beginning

Evangeline's POV:
Once Dragowolf walked away about ten feet away from us I couldn't believe what we had just witnessed. "I... I thought he... he was going to kill me." Dally said still catching his breath, "Well, just be glad he was able to regain control of himself and let you go before that happened iop head." I said as I handed him some water, "I think he said something about the death of his mother." Amalia said, "Your right Amalia. But, he also seemed to calm down when he looked at you. Why is that?" Ruel said curiously, "I'm not sure." Amalia said as she looked away from us. I noticed that Dragowolf was still keeping his distance from us but there has to be a reason behind it all so I walked over to him and stood in front of Dragowolf, "Get away from me Evangeline. I don't want to cause you any harm like I did with Dally." Dragowolf said as he clutched his fists together, "What exactly happened back there?" I asked, "Look I don't have to tell you anything about me, but I will tell you this much. I am searching for those who destroyed my home and the man who killed my mother. Once I find them, I'll make them pay." Dragowolf said as he smashed the rock he was sitting on with one hand. 'Now I understand, he's being torn apart inside by the demise of his mother and his home. No wonder he has anger issues.' I thought to myself as I walked back to the others, "So, what's up with him?" Yugo asked me, "He's torn up on the inside about what happened to his family and his home. That darkness in his heart doesn't seem to have much light left in it. But when he looked at Amalia something reminded him of something and that light started to grow." I said, "Could it be that Amalia reminded him of something or maybe someone he knew back then?" Ruel suggested, "It's possible but we shouldn't jump to conclusions." I said.

Dragowolf's POV:
'Why does Amalia remind me of my mother so much?' I thought to myself, 'There's actually a good reason for that really.' Blaze said in my head and something tells me that he knew about this from the beginning. "BLAZE YOU MORON WHAT AREN'T YOU TELLING ME!" I roared and the others heard me which made them think I was crazy, "Who's he talking to?" Amalia asked and that made me blush underneath my hood, 'Now you're in trouble.' Blaze said in my head and started laughing which made me angry. 'Thanks a lot, pal.' I thought sarcastically to Blaze, "Dragowolf, who's Blaze?" Amalia asked me and she was right in front of me and I started to turn red again, "Um, Blaze is um, well you see..." I sighed and realized that this was going to happen eventually, "Blaze is a wolf spirit that lives in me. I took his spirit into my being after he was severally hurt and his body was completely destroyed after he saved my life and he's still an annoying jerk who apparently knew something about this universe I'm trapped in." I said and I looked at Amalia and took a deep breath and a bit of fire came out, "Wait you can breathe fire?" Amalia asked, "Well, yeah I am half dragon." I said as I smiled a little but just enough for me to feel better than I have in a very long time, "So, back to the wolf spirit that is in you." Amalia said, I looked down and took off my hood and cloak revealing what I look like without my hood or my helmet on. A scar over my left eye and dragon scales all over my neck and wolf ears instead of normal ears, "Why do you hide this side of yourself?" Amalia asked me, "I didn't want to scare people with how I actually looked. When I was young kids and the other adults would be scared of me even before I got this scar over my left eye." I said. I realized that the others were waiting for me and Amalia so we got up and I was about to cover my face with my hood again but Amalia took my hand and shook her head. "You don't have to hide who you are amongst us Dragowolf." Amalia said, "It's Red actually. Dragowolf is my last name." I said as I figured I could trust her with my first name. We caught up with the others and when they saw my face they were a little freaked out and I looked away and finally covered my face with my hood and had my helmet cover the lower part of my face as well.

Yugo's POV:
Me and the others have been waiting for Amalia and Dragowolf to catch up for a while now and from what I could tell they were talking about something. When they finished talking they caught up with us and Dragowolf didn't have his hood on or his helmet so we could see his face. He had a scar over his left eye and dragon scales on his neck and wolf ears as well, me and the others were speechless because of how he looked and I guess he didn't take it very well because he looked away and pulled his hood over his face and his helmet covered the lower part of his face and he started walking towards Kebla Market. "Wait, Dragowolf, wait a go guys you made him upset." Amalia said as she ran after him and we followed behind them "Wait, Amalia, Dragowolf what did we do wrong?" Dally asked even though he knew what we did or he forgot which wouldn't have surprised us if he did, "He doesn't like it when people stare at his scar or the fact that he has wolf ears and dragon scales." Amalia said as if trying to make Dragowolf feel better. I noticed that Dragowolf was at a stall but the woman who was operating it got flustered for some reason and she just gave him some water for free without him having to pay for it. "Hey what's going on with Dragowolf? He just got some water for free from that lady at that stand." I said, "WHAT!?!" Ruel shouted as he saw Dragowolf at the stall and saw how the lady was flustered, "But, even I wasn't that good with the ladies when I was younger." Ruel said as he started to cry a little bit. We all walked over to him and he seemed to have kept his face covered, "Dragowolf how'd you get free water?" Amalia asked, "All I did was ask and the woman just got all flustered and gave me this bottle that magically refills with fresh cold water free of charge." Dragowolf said as he walked away. I looked around the market and there was a lot of incredible stuff, "Wow, so much cool stuff here." I said, "This is nothing, in Brakmar things cost a lot more." Ruel said, I looked over in the shade and I saw Dragowolf with a guitar in his hands and he seemed to be playing a song.