Fortune Favours the Bold

A/N So there's quite a big overlap with the last chapter, and as you might notice, this is another three parter. Hope you enjoy this

I gave Zoe a sideways glance and saw her doing the same to me. She gave me a smile that was really similar to the one Joe has—charming but cheeky. A Sugg smile. "Hashtag Joanne forever," she whispered, watching Joe cuddle Dianne from behind. I was so close to laughing out loud, but disguised it as a cough. Being in a world of their own, they didn't hear it.

When Dianne said she wanted the sloth from the game you hit the cans with and thought about names Zoe suggested a name that was to do with shells, one that reminded them of Brighton pier.

"Joe and I are going to live here, so I won't need reminding of it."

"Oh. Thanks for deciding that for me, Dianne. Do I get a say in any of this?"

"No," Zoe, Dianne and I said at the same time. Joe looked like he was miles away.

"Back to the subject of winning the sloth, how do you even know anyone will win it for you?"

"Mate," I looked shocked. "You've just issued a challenge." So I had the idea of taking in turns and give Dianne the sloth.

Joe, being competitive, asked, "That's fine and everything, but what does the winner get?"

Zoe came up with the prize that the winner gets all their money back and the loser has to pay for it all. I could see the look of glee on Joe's face as he shouted, "Deal!" Well, fortune favours the bold, doesn't it?

"I don't think this is our game, guys."

"No, it's not," Joe said.

After what felt like hours I was surprised to hear Joe say, "Come on, Alfie!" and Zoe was just as surprised.

We looked at each other as if to say, Hang on a minute. Did he say what I thought he said? But they started acting all couply again and Zoe and I gave them a fond look... which they couldn't even see.

Honestly, the world could be crashing around them, but they'd be completely oblivious to it.

"I throw in the towel."

Their relationship was great because they could tease each other without hard feelings.

"Yes! Go on, Alfie!" I heard Zoe cheer. I'd got rid of most of the cans and just had the bottom two to go.

"Drum roll, please."

"Can you imagine if I don't get these two." I hit them! I was absolutely gobsmacked that I'd actually got them.

"Finally!" Joe said. "The sloth, please."

"I reckon Alfie should say it."

"I reckon you just want it." Dianne had a certain look on her face and Joe, looking chastised, said, "Go on Alfie. Do the honours."

"Joe, you're whipped." I laughed at him then requested the sloth for Dianne. Oh god! I feel so embarrassed for him. I hope I haven't started an argument.

"Oh my God, we need a name!" Dianne said, holding the sloth like a baby.

"How about something you're obsessed with?" Joe suggested.

"But also something that links with Strictly."

"COFFEE!" both Joe and Dianne said at the same time.

"Americano, for American smooth. That's perfect, Joe."

"It comes full circle. Boom!" They fist bumped what we call their Strictly fist bump.

"Last week we had an American smooth. Which is not a coffee."

"Ayyy, Alfie!" He high fived me. "Well remembered. You did watch our reaction videos."

I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. "OUR reaction videos, huh?" I nudged him in the side as we walked out to the pier. I laughed more when he blushed scarlet.

I walked ahead a little hoping Zoe would get the picture whilst Joe took out his vlogging camera and filmed for a little while.

Joe, bless him, gave credit to me saying I got Americano for her. I could tell she was gonna tease the hell out of him because I won it for her.

ETA - I've just seen some of Alfie's vlog about this day and just wanna say oh well. Take this as alternate universe 😅🤦‍♀️