Ripping me away from my thoughts, my phone buzzed.

"Hello." I answered once I saw that it was Smoke.

"What's up, baby sis?" He asked.

"Nothing, I'm eating in the cafe right now."

"How are you? I haven't talked to you since our last conversation. You been doing what I asked? Making big bro proud?" He asked and I automatically began to feel guilty.

I'd been doing the complete opposite of what he asked me to do.

"Yeah.." I trailed off, lying.

"That's good, baby sis."

"So for being good, I got a surprise for you." He said and I lit up.

"What? What is it?" I asked excited.

"FaceTime me." He said and I did.

As he answered he held up a receipt for a plane ticket and I almost lost it.

"Is that for me?" I asked excitedly and he nodded, smiling.

"Yeah. I'm gon' fly you out this weekend and we gon' have some fun. Aight? Let you see my new place and take you shopping, whatever you want to do." He went on and I was filled with joy.

I'd missed Smoke extremely bad since he's been gone now I was about to be stress-free and spending time with him for a full weekend.

"Okay, I cant wait." I smiled.

"I already told ma, so pack your stuff tonight and I'm gon' send you your ticket to your email." He said and I nodded.

"Okay."

"Aight, I'm gon' call you later. Eat your food." He said and I nodded.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

After school

"You coming over with P today?" Kojo asked and I nodded, texting Reap to see if we were seeing each other tonight.

"Aight. Are you going home first or you want to just go straight to my crib?" He went on and I tuned him out as I focused on the messages that I was sending.

"Hello.." I heard him say but I didn't respond as I focused on sending the water emoji.

Before I knew it, my phone was being taken out of my hand and thrown onto the car's floor.

"Excuse you." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him as if he was crazy.

"I'm fucking talking to you and you're ignoring me. This shit don't run on conversation." He said referring to his car and the gas he was wasting waiting for me to answer his question.

"Okay but you don't have to throw my phone." I said calmly, rolling my eyes as I picked it up.

I was used to his attitude now so I wasn't even mad. That was his personality and it was no use in even getting upset. He was a reckless person just like my brothers.