"No, but you maybe want to get your vacuum cleaner," I replied, sitting down at the table.

Gill groaned in annoyance. "Fuck you. I just cleaned the whole bathroom yesterday." She raised a brow, looking between Asher and me. "If I find any other unholy remains, you're gonna clean it."

Asher sighed. "Do you seriously expect us to have had sex?"

Shit. Wrong question, baby. Gill took every opportunity to ask her questions, and he practically just invited her to do just that.

"You can't expect me not to expect anything after unexpectedly finding you like that in your garage," Gill replied with a shrug.

Sam raised a brow. "Finding them like what?" she asked, not even commenting on her friend's weird choice of words.

"We were just talking," Asher said, rolling his eyes. I leant back in my seat, not wanting anything but to disappear in the ground for the next few hours. Shit, this was embarrassing.

"Yeah, but Asher had his shirt off, and they were like, really close," Gill said. "And when I came in, they jumped away like scared chicken."

"You took your shirt off in front of him?" Sam asked, narrowing her eyes at me. I squirmed on my seat, the urge to run away stronger than ever. Her piercing gaze was only adding to my uncomfortableness, and I decided to try to pretend as if I didn't care – that was the only thing I had left to do, after all.

"So what? A lot of boys take their clothes off for me," I said, fighting back the tremble in my voice.

Asher sighed. "This is boring. When are the cookies ready?"

"When you tell me what's going on between you two," Gill replied.

"It's none of your business."

"But I wanna know!"

"That still doesn't make it your business. Jesus, Gill," Asher furrowed his brows. "Boundaries. Lines. Let people deal with their own stuff. You don't have to know everything."

"Debatable," she scoffed, but she eventually gave in and leaned back in her chair. "They have to bake for like, ten more minutes."

The atmosphere in the room had changed, even though Gill had decided to let the topic drop for now. Sam was still glaring at me, Tyler was studying Asher's face as if there was any unspoken truth written on it, and Gill was restlessly jumping from one topic to the other, trying hard not to talk about what really interested her.

I sighed and glanced at Asher. There was still some flour in his hair I hadn't spotted before, and I resisted the urge to just reach out and brush it off.

My cheeks started to redden again when I thought about what had just happened. Shit, I'm not used to blushing this much.

When I woke up this morning, I never would have guessed that I would kiss Asher, just like I never would have expected him to kiss me back like that.

Like he had wanted to do it for a long time.

Hell, I didn't even know Asher liked boys.

The cookies were finally done, we ate, we talked, we passed the time. It was different than usual, with everyone having their own stuff on their mind. I really didn't want to be here any longer, if I was being honest.

"This is nice and all, but I think I'm gonna leave now," I said, already standing up. "Michael should have dinner ready soon. Thanks for the cookies, Gill."

"I'm gonna leave too," Sam said quickly.

Asher briefly glanced at Tyler who just nodded. "Yeah, us too. I'm tired."