↠Yes's and Hangovers - 026

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew"

—Y E S ' S & H A N G O V E R S—

When those words left Sirius's mouth, Sage actually had to stop and think about it. Of course, she wanted to live with him, but she never thought she would be the one leaving her home. It was where she was raised, and where her mother and grandfather were raised. But Sirius, being with him, and spending moments with she wouldn't get to have with him if they didn't live alone, it was all too important to her. "The flat better have a lot of closet space because I don't if my dresses will fit if it doesn't."

Sirius picked Sage up and spun her around as they both laughed. When he set her down he pulled her into a kiss. It was slow and happy and slightly messy, but they didn't care because they were both so happy. "This is quite possibly the best trade-off of my life. I get to move out of that awful place and move in with you, Princess," Sage giggled and cupped his face in her hands. "I love you," She told him. "I love you too."

———

Sage felt like she was going to die. She knew how dramatic it sounded but she had never been hungover before and it was awful. "Would you like me to bring you back some coffee? Maybe some toast too?" Lily asked Sage from the doorway. "You are a godsend, Lily Evans. Yes, please," Lily giggled at her friends' reaction and closed the door quietly as she left. Sage groaned and stood up, stumbling slightly as she felt lightheaded. She laid out a dress on her bed and went into the bathroom to shower.

The hot water felt great on her skin and the steam helped her breathe better. By the time Sage got out of the shower, Lily had left a cup of coffee and two pieces on a plate for her. Sage smiled at the thought of Lily going out of her way to help her. "Yay!" Sage mumbled excitedly as she ate her toast.

Quickly finishing the meal, Sage put on her dress and curled her hair before going into the commons room. "You've dressed beautifully but you look like you've seen hell, Herb," Sage smiled bitterly at James. "Because that's exactly what a lady wants to hear, Prongs, thank you," The other boys all laughed at her reaction.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one suffering." Sage glanced at her friends desperately to see if any of them looked as bad as she did. "Don't worry, Princess, I think the whole lot of us are feeling what you're feeling," Sirius, who has his hands covering his face, looked up and answered her. "Remus," The young werewolf looked up at her. "You are supposed to be my voice of reason, what happened last night?" Remus chuckled at Sage. "Well, I think when you said 'screw it' and started drinking I had no chance of stopping you."

Sage nodded. "Okay, I understand that," She laughed. "So, Herb, Padfoot here told us that you agreed to move in with him last night." All eyes went on her. "Yes, I did," All the boys started grinning and James pat Sirius on the back. "That's great!" Peter told her and stood up to hug her. "I'm happy for you!" Sage smiled and hugged him back. "Thank you!" Remus and Peter went over to Sirius and gave him their support. James walked over to Sage and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you too," He whispered to her. "I know everything has been so crazy for you and him, so I'm glad that everything is working out." Sage hugged him tighter.

James Potter, as idiotic as he was, was the closest thing Sage had to an older sibling. She loved him like she loved Jasper and Eden, he was family to her. Hearing his support just made her happy in ways she couldn't explain. "Thank you so much, James," Sage whispered back, close to tears. "Bloody hell, when did we all grow up?" Sirius asked when James and Sage pulled apart. "Ha! Those words are rich coming from you, love," The other boys laughed and made sounds of agreement. "You know what I mean!" Sage smiled and walked towards her boyfriend, letting him wrap his arms and her.

"After this, we only have one year left at Hogwarts..." Sirius trailed off. They all knew their school year was coming to its end way too quickly. It was only a matter of time before 7th year was over and they had the rest of their lives ahead of them. "Well, we have exams to worry about before anything!" Sage and Remus laughed when the others groaned.

———

Sage had the whole weekend to study before they had their exams. Time was flying by them faster than they expected, and the warm weather of May had crept into their lives and soon June would be upon them. Sage was excited. She knew this summer would quite eventful, and Sirius would have a lot of compromising to do. "How are you still reading, Princess? You've been here all day." Sage turned around and saw her boyfriend standing behind her.

He wasn't wrong. She had been sitting in front of the fireplace since she woke up. "Come study with me!" Sage reached her hand out towards him. Sirius rolled his eyes but took her hands and let her pull him to her. "What are you studying now?" He asked and snatched the book from her hands. "History of Magic," She told him as she leaned over and pointed to the section she was reading. "How many times have you read this? There are markings everywhere!" Sirius exclaimed making Sage laugh.

"I've read it two times, the second time I didn't have my notebook on me so I just wrote in there," Sage explained to him as she took the book back from him. "So... Have you told your siblings that you're moving out?" Sirius question her. "I told Eden, but I haven't told Jasper yet. I wrote to my father asking him to move back in so he can watch over them when I'm gone." Sirius nodded her head and then paused. "Your father doesn't live with you guys?" He was extremely confused. "No, he moved out not long after my mother died. Even before that my father was never very... Present," Sage told him with a slight frown.

Sirius looked at her sadly. "You never told me this," he said. "I guess it was just because it's never been important to me. He never really found a way to fit in with the Royal family. My aunt never liked him, he barely got my grandfather's approval, and my grandmother always kept her distance from him. It's quite sad if you ask me." Sirius stared at Sage, trying to see if he could read her facial expression. "Even with us, he knew that my mother's side was grooming me to become the next Queen, and he never followed the Royal protocol well. He was always closer to my siblings because of that," Sage's frown deepened slightly.

"I'm sorry," Sirius mumbled to her. "You don't deserve that." Sage shrugged and looked at him. "I'm over it," She told him. "Have you seen the way Lily has been acting around James lately?" Sage changed the subject. "You noticed too?" Sirius chuckled. "She didn't insult him at all during breakfast yesterday, and I think that's a huge improvement," The couple laughed as Sage spoke. "Maybe they'll finally get together?" Sirius said more as a question than a statement.

"Then It'll be about bloody time!"

———