Chapter Eight🕷Come to Pass

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Stark! I'm so glad you're okay. I didn't see you anywhere. But isn't it crazy how all those people got dusty and now they're back-"

Tony cut Peter off with a hug. At first, Peter was confused, but he didn't fight against it. That made me smile even more. Tony must have been so stressed about Peter in the battle. No matter how old he grew, Peter was his son, and he'd worry about him through everything.

"This is nice."

Giving him a thumbs up from over Tony's shoulder, I blew a kiss and ran off. Cute.

Running deeper into the folds of the battle meant more animalistic fighting. A mixing pot of allies and enemies mixing together in a giant mess. I fought my way through using my new equipment, ice shards, and head freezing tactics ー I felt no guilt killing Thanos' soldiers. At points, I would team up with whoever was closest to me. Dora Milaje, X-Men, Wong- but we all continued on without hellos or goodbyes. The reunions could wait.

"T'Challa has the gauntlet right now. Whatever you do, get it to the van and keep it away from Thanos," Steve announced to everyone over the coms.

"Misty, where's T'Challa right now?"

"Tracking... located."

Over my lenses, a green tracking square pinned down T'Challa as he sprinted across the battlefield. Following Steve's orders, I ran to catch up with him, even if it felt like a lost cause due to his immense speed.

Halfway to the other side of the battlefield, missiles rained down from the Sanctuary. Thanos must have been desperate if he was willing to destroy his own troops. Ducking under the nearest sorcerer's shield, I assisted them before moving on when things were momentarily clear in our area, and repeated the process.

As Ebony Maw used his telekinesis to trap T'Challa, Peter took it upon himself to move ahead of me, swing over the tower of rubble trapping T'Challa, and take the gauntlet.

"I got it! Activate Instant Kill!"

Peter's lenses turned red and his legs rapidly stabbed the Outriders as they swarmed him. After ducking under yet another shield, the missiles stopped. I looked to the sky for answers, grinning when I saw they diverted their fire to the sky. There was only one person powerful enough to draw the attention away from everyone else.

And that queen was Carol freaking Danvers™.

"I got this. I got this! Okay, I don't got this."

"Shit, Peter!"

Remembering why I was even working my way across the field, I rushed over to help Peter out, killing Outrider after Outrider on top of him. They didn't even turn away; they were too focused on getting the gauntlet.

"Hey, Queens. Heads up." Steve chucked Mjolnir towards us. Peter webbed the handle and was pulled out of the mass of Outrider bodies.

"Give me a lift, Bug-Boy!"

On command, Peter webbed my hand and pulled me along with him. As if he'd ever be able to get rid of me in the first place. I couldn't wait to tell Ned and MJ we literally rode along with Mjolnir.

"I got you kids," Valkyrie grabbed Peter's hand and threw him up onto her Pegasus, in turn hoisting me up as well.

"We're riding a Pegasus. This is so co- woah!" Peter yelled out in shock when the Pegasus suddenly dipped in the air.

Because the flying horse dipped, it was more susceptible to attack. And that became apparent when a missile blast landed a little too close to us and threw us off. I rolled away from Peter, groaning in pain as my muscles screamed in protest as I got up.