Caroline and Toria ran down the left hallway where the most screams were heard from. They entered a room to see Toria's former patient, Deandre shaking and yelling, making an attempt to push away the doctors holding him down.

"Deandre! Calm down, it's me, Toria." Deandre stopped and took a look at her. For a moment, he seemed to have been perfectly fine until he started to let out a sound of pain and anger. Toria held him down with the other doctors. At first contact, she could feel the intensity of heat come from his body. "He's burning up! We need something to bring his fever down." She told Caroline. His screams turned into roars and growls as the seconds ticked on. Caroline searched around anxiously for something to help him, but stopped when she heard Toria's painful cries.

Deandre took out a chunk of flesh out of Toria's neck, chewing it furiously with his teeth. His skin charred, melting off of his body, blood poured out of his eyes and mouth while his eyes changed to the color of his blood. Warts bubbled up on the skin that hadn't melt off yet. Caroline watched in horror with doctors taking off from the room. He stared at Caroline, ready to charge at her until she ran out, slamming the glass door shut behind her, trapping the beast in the room with her friend who was bleeding out.

The hallways filled with patients running out of their room, only to attack the staff and people who hadn't turned into one of them. She shut herself in a closet, making sure to lock it. She could hear cries for help and things being broken all around her. All she did was sit in the small room and listen.

Caroline's phone rang, she answered it immediately after she realized it was her daughter who was calling her. "Honey, listen to me, stay at the school. Stay in a locked room. Keep yourself safe." She tried to speak over the noise.

"Mom, what's going on? Are you okay?" Her daughter spoke into the phone and she could hear the worry in her tone. Caroline cried quietly to herself as things seemed to get even worse outside of the room she hid herself in. "Mom?" Her daughter's desperate voice snapped her out of it.

"Something weird is going on. Find someplace safe to stay! Now!" Caroline screamed and hung up the phone, stuffing it into her pocket.

Caroline used her phone light to search for anything in the closet to be of assistance. She grabbed the wooden mop with an idea in mind. With both hands on the wooden handle, she slammed her foot down on the bottom part of the mop. She could hear the wood start to splinter and stomped on it a few more times until the mop broke off from the handle.

The noise started to simmer down from outside the door. Caroline didn't know whether that terrified her or not. It could mean one of two things: the zombie-like beings were dead or they killed all of the staff and now she was going to be a main target when she got out of this room.

She inched the door open slowly to where it wouldn't be loud. Down the hall she could see the glass door was broken from when she trapped one. Her friend, Toria was dragged out of the room with a blood trail following her body and feasted on by a few of them. Caroline eyed the door to the stairs, only a couple feet away.

With her grip on the wooden handle tightening, she ran for the door, yanking it open. She could hear a growl from behind her and she took off down the flight of stairs. She ran down quick enough to stay a good distance from the thing that wanted to rip her open and bite into her like a piece of food, and that's all she was to them, food.

Something squishy pelted her in the head, causing her to instinctively look up. At the top of the stairs was what used to be a human, missing ninety percent of it's flesh while the other pieces of skin looked like burnt meat with bubbles filled with puss surfacing on it. The skin that hit her in the head continued to droop like the cheese on a pizza down her hair. The zombie threw itself into the middle of the stair case, flying down at a fast pace until it caught itself onto the staircase railing where Caroline was standing near.