Santa Clause Is Coming To Town

Santa Clause Is Coming To Town (Part Two to A Christmas Story)

2016 © All Rights Reserved

Brianna, now sixteen years old is used to the new family tradition her father taught her, but this year things don't go smoothly as hoped.

Brianna suited up, dressed in her elf outfit. Her father looked down at her and smiled at his little helper while he was dressed in the Santa Clause outfit just like every year. The two of them turned the one joyous holiday into something to be feared. Rather than inviting Santa Clause into their houses, people locked up, bought guard dogs and if you had the right amount of money or connections you could either buy a nice security system or have a cop posted outside of your house.

As the townspeople hid themselves away, hoping not to be preyed on, the police went searching, trying to narrow down where Santa would be that night. In the years since the tradition started, they weren't even close.

Brianna's mind warped into the perfect mold of her father's imagination, having her home schooled into the art of killing. She knew where to hit to make the victim suffer a painful death with one simple swift slice of a knife. Guns are for people who don't have the guts to pick up a knife. A knife gives you power, most people don't deserve that power, but luckily God gave us that power. She could remember her dad telling her when she asked why they couldn't shoot them. She praised her father, looking up to him as if he were a god himself. At times, he'd refer to himself as one and she didn't hesitate to believe him.

The thoughts of her mom and brother had been brainwashed by her father, tricking her mind into believing that she never had a brother and forcing his daughter into thinking that her mother ran away with a boyfriend and abandoned her family. Over the years, Brianna's father could see the resentment she had grown against motherly figures over the years. She had grown attached to the hip of her father, seeing him as a superhero even though to a normal person, he'd be the villain. She would follow his every order, trustworthy and faithful like any cult leader could ever wish for in a follower.

"This is a special year," he looked down at his teenage daughter with a grin as bright as the Christmas decorations around the room. He asked, "Do you know why?"

Brianna shook her head, "Why?"

"I'm letting you choose the house this year." He put all of his trust into his daughter to choose who they would visit that year.

Her eyes gleamed with joy, the genuine happiness of a child feeling the approval from someone they looked up to as a role model. "Really?" Her ears couldn't believe he was letting her be the one to pick, it was like being able to choose which restaurant to eat at, though the gesture didn't seem big, it meant the world to the teenage girl.

Her question was answered with a slight nod of the head and his arms bringing Brianna in close to him for a hug. "Do you know which one you're going to choose?" He asked, excited for an answer.

Brianna removed herself from her father's arms then proceeded to walk over to window. Her eyes squinted from the sun directly shining through the panes. Her skin radiated as the sun covered her flesh, looking ghostly. Her smile glistened, as she peered out at the sun slowly starting to set in the distance. The orange blended with pink and different shades of blue, reminding Brianna of a sherbet dessert she could eat on a hot day.

Brianna's eyes went down to the street to spot the familiar purple bike down the street. Not small, not too big. The perfect size for the fifteen year old girl that lived in the house. Having free time inside all the time, Brianna observed the world outside seeing as how she could never leave the confined space she'd eventually found comfort in. In her time in confinement, the girl she saw the most outside was around her age, she assumed.