First Fight

Marigold's POV

I arrived at the living quarters I'd be staying in until I was thrown into the arena but I wasn't in awe at what I saw because no matter how impressive and beautiful the place looked all I felt was anger .

Anger at the fact the people of the capitol Who was soaked in all these riches whilst a majority of the districts including 12 knew nothing but poverty . I hated the capitol and I certainly hated how the Districts were treat because of them .

Without a word I made my way to the room I would be staying in . I sat down on the bed which was made with the best fabric and was a million times comfier than the one I slept on back at 12 even though I would much prefer to be on my bed in 12 .

I picked up the nearby controls and flicked through all the possibilities of backgrounds I could have as the wall . I stopped as I got too the one that looked like the woods back in 12 that I went hunting with Gale and Katniss In . How I wish I could be hunting with them now but I didn't regret volunteering as I would much prefer me in the games than Prim who would have no chance of surviving.

*********************

I walked into the training centre to see Glimmer shooting arrows and honestly I thought Katniss was loads better then Glimmer could dream of being .

I was decent with a bow but nothing compared to Katniss however I was a lot better than Glimmer .

Cato was slashing with his sword , he was pretty good . Definitely a threat .

Marvel was good with his spear but spears was a unreliable weapon . They snap easier than other weapons and once you've thrown it in a fight you've got no defence left .

Rue was climbing which she was actually really good at .

A girl with ginger hair and a Fox like face was doing some puzzle at a rapid speed . She seemed more smart than anything . I'd heard her name was Finch but Fox face sounded better too me .

My gaze wandered to Clove and I frowned as I saw her excelling with throwing knives . That meant someone else was after my weapon of choice .

After she had finished throwing her knives I saw her walk towards her fellow careers . Good I want the knives .

Haymitch told me not to show my strengths and technically I was only showing one because I also can use a crossbow and then I can climb and hunt but I couldn't help my slight arrogant streak come through when it came to me and throwing knives and I was sick of Clove staring at me for nothing .

Lets give her something to stare at .

I picked up the knives and threw them so fast it was a blur with every single one hitting the target nicely .

I turned around to see Clove stood infront of me however she was quite a bit shorter but I'm sure she would know ways to use that to her advantage .

"Looks like I'm not the only one that knows how to use these"

"No apparently not"
I replied.

"There's a difference between you and I and that's that I'm the best I could throw it from the other side of the room and still get you right here"

As Clove said that she touched the middle of my chest . Ok that's a bit odd and Haymitch wasn't kidding when he said careers could become arrogant.

"Jesus we've only just met"

I said with a slight amused grin as I swatted her hand away ignoring the strange tingling feeling which her touch left .

"Are you sure you're from 12?"

"Uh yeah ?"
I asked confused .

"They usually don't talk back to people with a higher chance of winning with such attitude"

"They usually don't have good outfits either looks like this year things are going to change besides your like 2 ft"

Before I could stop her Clove kicked me in the side causing me to fall to the ground .

I saw red as the careers began laughing at me . I kicked my leg at both of Cloves causing her too to fall and land on top of me .

"Get off of me"
I groaned .

I felt a punch land on the side of my face . I was surprised at the fact someone that short could have such a good punch .

I grabbed hold of her wrists and wrapped my legs round her waist and rolled us over so that I would be the one on top .

I punched her where she had punched me before she kicked me in the side causing me to hit her once more and once more after that .

I pulled my arm back to deliver one final blow before I felt someone grab my arms pulling me away . I looked to see it was Peeta and I watched as Cato pulled Clove away .

Slightly longer chapter but hey looks like Marigold and Clove have finally met also I hope you've noticed that Marigold isn't like Katniss so she won't have the same personality and thoughts as she is more angry and arrogant than Katniss .