He's Back

Jake's P.O.V
(Miss me?)
{So for those of you who don't remember Jake, this is Steph's abusive ex bf}

I saw her. Still as beautiful as ever. I had been watching her. For a while now. I knew everything she had been up to these past few months. I knew about her friends and where she was staying. But what intrigued me the most, is her new boyfriend.

Carter Drew Mason.

My father didn't approve of my ways. All the drugs and shit. So he told me if I wanted back into the business, I'd have to get my act together. I guess it's safe to compare me to The Prodigal Son.

Steph didn't know who my father was, but boy was she in for a surprise today. My father however, knew who Steph was. And he has promised to help me get her back, since she could be used as leverage against Carter.

Word has it she's his new P.A. Meaning she has to be in attendance to all his meetings. Wonder how she'll react when she sees me there today.

Our driver drops my father and I off in front of Mason Enterprises and I couldn't hide the smile on my face. It's show times baby.

Carter's P.O.V

It's finally Friday. And I couldn't be happier. Steph was officially going to be living with me tomorrow, we just had to get the last of her stuff between today and tomorrow since we had been moving it little by little.

Currently she was on my lap, hands intertwined and her head resting on my shoulder while we spun around slowly in my chair. Seeing as there was nothing to do and all work was done, I couldn't think of any better way to spend my free time.

"Sir, Mr. Randazza is here and would like to meet with you as soon as possible." my secretary says over the intercom

"Send him to the conference room and tell him I will be there shortly." I reply

"Right away, sir." She says

"Well, duty calls babe. Can you be an angel and grab me a coffee please," I say as she gets off of me

"Sure thing, I'll meet you in there," she says turning to leave

"Um, are you forgetting something?" I question

She thinks for a little while. "Oh!" She says in realization as she runs over to give me a kiss

"Much better," I say "Now run along and get me my coffee Ms. Ryder," I say

"Yes sir, Mr. Mason," she says saluting me. I swear, she had the mind of a child at times.

I walk into the conference room, seeing that Mr. Randazza and his son were already there.

"Mr. Randazza, it's been a while," I say

"Yes it has been Mr. Mason," he replies. "How have you been? Rumor has it that you have a girlfriend now. I had to come here and see if the rumor was true of not." He says

"What does me having a girlfriend have to do with this meeting," I question

"Oh, Carter. Come on now, don't be cold. Ever since Anastasia, you haven't been known to settle down. I hear she's a pretty young thing. Lots of men want to get her attention," he says. Just then Steph walks in with my coffee.

"Your coffee, sir." She says

"Thank you baby," I say, pulling her onto my lap and giving her a kiss.

"So this is her? They were right, pretty little thing she is. Wouldn't want anything dangerous to happen to her. If I were you I would keep her on a tight leash," he says. Steph immediately looks up to see Mr. Randazza, but when she sees his son, her body immediately stiffens.

The Interview | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara