P A S T E L

Chapter 2:  P A S T E L

Alpha King Zander

The clouds in the sky were a pastel pink against the baby-blue, almost purple sky. The King Alpha Zander, pushed down hard on the gas, speeding up, the engine to his fire-red sports car roared.  He grit his teeth together, angrily. He needed to settle some business, with the Alpha King of the south. 

If he didn't get his way,

Things would get ugly.

_ _ _

Celeste 

A small creaking groan sounded as Lucy, Celeste's maid opened the door to her massive room. She tip-toed across the floor, and pulled open the blinds to the massive windows, letting in rays of sunlight, that cascaded onto Celeste's golden hair. 

Lucy made her way to the massive king-sized bed, in the middle of the room. She gently shook, Celeste awake.

"Princess, it's time to get up." She cooed. 

Celeste's eyes slowly opened. She let out a soft sigh, and began to sit up slowly. She stretched her arms out above her head and to the side. 

"Good morning Lucy." Lucy bowed her head and handed the young princess a small tray with breakfast on it. There lay a half of a grapefruit, a piece of avocado toast, and a tiny bowl of cherry tomatoes. 

"The Alpha King comes today." Celeste informed Lucy.

"Yes, I know, your highness. But, your mother and father told you to keep away from the Alpha King. Sasha, Rose, Charlotte, and Katherine, will be joining you in the garden at 10:00 this morning for tea."

Lucy rummaged through, Celeste's massive closet. She pulled out a flowy, white, lace, short sleeve top, and a pair of blue, skinny jeans. Then she grabbed a pair of nude flats. She laid the outfit on Celeste's dresser, and walked over to Celeste's vanity. She pulled out the seat, and grabbed a silver, shiny hairbrush. 

Celeste let out a small burp. Lucy turned to her with a disapproving look, but both girls quickly began to giggle.

She swung her legs off the side of the bed and put a pair of socks on. Celeste hated cold feet.  She pranced across the floor and sat at the vanity. Lucy began to brush her long golden locks. Lucy brushed and curled and braided her hair. 

Celeste trudged to the bathroom, did all her necessary bathroom stuff and then called to Lucy for her clothes. She handed Celeste her clothes.

After Celeste changed, She peered in the mirror. Her long blonde hair was braided into a half up half down, the rest of her hair was curled. Her outfit was casual yet classy.

Lucy, definitely had and eye for fashion.

"Thank you, Lucy! It looks beautiful. I will be in the Garden." She called before leaving, to go enjoy the warm, summer, air.  

_ _ _

Alpha King Zander 

As he pulled up to the castle of the Alpha King of the South, he couldn't help but notice how much smaller it was than his. The building was tall, made of stone, with green Ivy growing up the sides, and a beautiful garden and fountain in the front.