Chapter 3|| Out Patient Department(OPD)

Start from the beginning

"Nandini?", Dev broke her trance, and she sighed.

"I don't know about the opinion guys, honestly I don't believe in India's judiciary too much. Everything here is on sale, but then I don't want to judge Dr. Manik either without knowing his part. All I know is whatever happened, at the end an innocent lost her life", Nandini breathed out loud and the other two nodded at her.

Everybody was right in their places, just didn't know what was the truth's side.

The next morning was a mess as the two girls hurriedly gobbled breakfast, got ready and rushed out for the metro altogether. They were both huffing by the time they reached the department and signed the register, before parting ways to their respective OPDs.

Clad in a long yellow Kurti, Nandini looked her style statement, simple and classy when she walked in, wearing her apron over her kurti. Putting her phone on vibration, she clutched her hairs in a band so that they don't fall all over the place during work.

She was just settling when she saw Dr

She was just settling when she saw Dr. Manik pass by and her heart beats immediately hastened. In a jeans, tshirt and his signature jacket, he looked every bit of the attractive he was as he crossed the way to his cabin.

 In a jeans, tshirt and his signature jacket, he looked every bit of the attractive he was as he crossed the way to his cabin

A PG student entered the OPD at the same time, relieving Nandini who was thinking she would have to work with Manik alone. The PG, sat with the register for the entries and medicine writing pad. Nandini smiled at her, and nodded when being greeted. She stiffle a laugh imagining how a month before she needed to wish and greet everyone as she was a post graduate student. Formalities and senior junior relations made the most of medical fraternity.

Two minutes later, Dr. Manik entered and both the PG, Shweta and Nandini, stood up to greet him. Nandini noticed he had discarded his jacket and wore his apron instead. He looked at her in a glance and she averted her eyes immediately, not wanting to meet them.

Manik sighed and sat down.

"Shweta, Is aunty better now?", Manik's deep voice gave Nandini goosebumps. It was another thing to listen to his interviews and altogether another thing to sit within a mile of him, his scent creating havoc in her system and then also hear him.

Being a fangirl was very hard, especially in person, Nandini concluded.

"Yes sir, she is doing better. We brought her home yesterday. She wanted to meet you to thank you", Shweta smiled brightly at Manik who simply nodded at her, returning the smile.

"If I may ask, what happened?", Nandini asked softly, gaining attention form both Manik and Shweta but Manik chose to remain silent and Shweta answered.

"Sure Mam. My mother had aortic stenosis and Dr. Manik helped me get an appointment with the cardiologist in the private setting, asap so that she could be treated well, all that by just overhearing me talking", Shweta smiled sheepishly and Manik chuckled.

"More like crying", he teased and Shweta laughed.

Nandini smiled, watching them. Manik had a good, cordial relationship with his juniors and she could clearly see that. Then how could he be so irresponsible with a patient, her mind wondered?

Before she could ponder, patients began filling in the OPD. Manik and Nandini both saw Individual patients and got busy with them. A major part of psych treatment goes in counselling rather than medicines.

Nandini noticed how soft Manik was with his patients, no wonder he was such a big name. Irrespective of the age and gender, he treated every patient with the same tenderness and always tried to convince them for therapy before medicines. She didn't realise she was smiling all this while until Manik turned to face her.

"Ms. Mirror, please pass me the writing pad!", Manik asked her and then resumed talking to the patient leaving a confused Shweta and shocked Nandini behind.

He remembered her.

He freaking remembered her?

Does that mean he remembered being her crush too?