1.6

"Hey! Just because she's the king's daughter doesn't mean she has to be mean all the time! She's allowed to be nice!"
I turn my head to the voice and see a young girl standing there. She was pointing directly at the two guys who were whispering about me.
     "Excuse me? Didn't your parents teach you to respect your elders?"
One of the guys started walking up to her. I knew she was going to get hurt so I quickly got in-front of her.
     "Sorry, but I can't let you get any closer to her."
I stared at the man with my hands out protecting her. He lowered himself to my level as if trying to mock me.
     "Do you really think I'll be scared of you? Just because you're the daughter of Jahad doesn't mean you possess his power. Look at you. You're just a scrawny girl. Beg for forgiveness and I might consider letting you go."
I clenched my fists and could feel my anger slowly grow.
     "How...dare you say my father's name like that. People like you aren't worthy of saying his name!"
And before I knew it I raised my fist and threw it directly at him. One touch and he was down. He was coughing hard and couldn't seem to even face me. His friend came over and had to carry him.
     "Don't you ever dare try to make eye contact with the daughter of Jahad. Otherwise, you'll get what's coming for you."
And with that they both ran off. I turned around to face the girl. She was standing there, unsure of what had happened.
     "Hey, are you okay?"
She came back to her senses and smiled warmly at me.
     "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Thank you for that. I don't think I'd be in such good condition right now if it weren't for you."
I smiled at her and took her hand.