When morning came they broke up camp and started walking the last few miles to what they hoped would be a sanctuary. Somehow he felt happy, and his legs felt less tired as if the sudden goal gave him more energy.

He had no idea if Quinn would be at the end of the tracks, waiting for him. In fact, he had no idea if he would ever see her again and yet he had hope. He wanted to believe she was alive and that he would see her again. She was smart and could protect herself, he had to trust she made it.

He was taken out of his thoughts when Sasha came walking up next to him. He raised his eyebrows at her, silently inviting her to say whatever it was she had on her mind.

The pretty woman took a deep breath, seeming to choose her words carefully before speaking up. 'You're sure they're alive, waiting for us in Terminus?'

Milo gave a small shrug. 'I'm not sure of anything these days.'

That made a small smile appear on her lips, making him smile back before sighing deeply. 'I hope they're there and hoping is really all we can do, right?'

She narrowed at him. 'How did you become such an optimist after everything you've been through?'

He took a shaky breath, playing with his knife in his hand. 'I think that would be thanks to a certain man who refused to give up on any of us.' He turned to look at Sasha, knowing by the way her eyes saddened she knew who he was talking about. It wasn't fair the way Hershel Greene's life had ended, how they couldn't even give him a respectful goodbye.

Milo would never forget how the old man gave him, a murderer and former prisoner, the chance to become a voice of reason on the prison's council. He would always be thankful for the amount of faith the man had in him and to honor him, he would try to remain hopeful and optimistic, just like Hershel taught him.

He was ripped out of his thoughts when Glenn suddenly told them all they had arrived. He shared a quick glare with Sasha before starting to walk faster. They rounded the corner his eyes fell on Terminus.

The sanctuary seemed to be built in an old train station. The name was painted in big black letters across the wall. This was the right place.

The group headed up to a set of fences and Milo slightly frowned upon noticing there weren't any guards in sight but he pushed his worries away.

Glenn reached the fence first and shared a quick glare with Maggie before pushing it open. They entered a small courtyard, littered with small gardens filled with vegetables but there weren't any people insight. Glenn raised his riffle, walking towards the building.

They followed him, all of them with their weapons firmly in their hands. Somehow he felt nervous and the lack of any sign of life didn't make it any better.

Walking up to another fence that led to the back of the building Milo frowned, looking at the message that was written on a sign that was attached to the iron.

"Lower your weapons. You will be met. You have arrived at Terminus."

He threw a glare over his shoulder and saw Abraham only tightened his grip on his riffle upon reading those words. Inhaling deeply he turned back to look forwards and pushed against the gates, opening them before walking inside, followed by the others.

They walked around the corner, finally met by the first sign of life. A woman standing behind what seemed to be a huge grill. Upon hearing their footsteps she turned around, a smile appearing on her features as she walked up to them.

'Hi,' she greeted them, the smile still lingering on her face. 'I'm Mary.'

Milo lowered his knife before putting it away behind his belt all together. Slowly he released a breath he didn't even realise he had been holding. So far, everything seemed okay and...peaceful, something he hadn't even realised he missed.

The woman her eyes scanned their filthy clothes and tired faces. 'Looks like you've been on the road a while,' she concluded.

'We have,' Maggie replied, smiling tiredly, a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

'Let's get you settled,' Mary said, 'and we'll make you a plate.'

Milo hadn't even realised how hungry he was until she said those words, his stomach squeezing painfully. He nodded thankfully at her as she offered them a smile once again.

'Welcome to Terminus.'

A U T H O R 'S  N O T E

I seriously cannot believe there's only three chapters left until this season is finished! But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I really wish I could scream at Milo through my phone to get out of there and not be his normal trusting self, but sadly Milo is way too good for this world and will always believe the best in people. I'm very excited to write the Terminus story line and would love to hear what you guys think!

Much love,

xXx
UYM