They kind of reminded me of my parents in a way, but really I couldn't see them anymore. They were sweet and caring but I shouldn't let them stop me to what I needed to do.

I went over taking the seat. "What's going on in here" I asked smiling, trying to avoid any cause of suspicion.

"Well we were just talking about where we should go next. But we can't figure it out"

Maybe this was my chance to know where they were going to.

I cleared my thought as well as my throat. "Well where are you going first?" I asked ever so casually. Mrs Cross lit up like a Christmas tree, "we are going to Rome!"

Oh. How clishe. Maybe not as suspicious at all.

"That's wonderful. For how long?" I smiled at her happiness.

Mrs Cross places me a cup of water infront of me as she shuffled over to her husband. "Well we are coming close to our retirement and going for as long as possible. Around 6 months"

Perfect.

"How about a romantic trip to Paris?" I suggested with a smile. "You can take the train from Rome it should be a lovely experience for you. Especially in the winter"

Mrs Cross smiled at me then at her husband nodding in agreement as she placed a suggested hand on his shoulder "Sounds like a dream come true."

Mr Cross nodded, "Sounds like a giant cliche." He mumbled rummaging through the papers infront of him, I chuckled shaking my head when Mrs Cross slapped his head as she walked away.

My eyes then caught onto the papers Mr Cross was fiddling with, I hoped to find something worth my information but it was nothing but travel brochures and fliers.

"When do you leave exactly Mr Cross?"

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My heart had leaped out of my chest at the sudden noice while Mr Cross laughed "In about a week son" he said walking to the door.

I hummed scratching the back of my neck, Tiana's mother grumbled as she passed by me but quickly she halted in her steps pointing a finger at me.

"Don't worry Nickola I'll be having a word with her."  Without another word she stormed over to the front door pushing her husband out of the way. "Tiana, do you know what time it is? Where have you been all this time?" Mrs Cross yelled.

I shook my head, this wasn't my business nor my place and I couldn't care less where she has been, it only made me feel less attached and sorry when things were about to turn upside down.

But then I couldn't help wonder.

Tiana ignored any remarks and lectures her mother was throwing at her as she walked into the dining room.

I stood to my feet couldn't help but notice a document that was on the table; if I saw correctly it was a hospital bill.

Tiana dropped her keys and cluch onto the table, kicking off her shouse and throwing them to the side, she ran her  fingers through hair when suddenly her eyes had set on me. A small gasp of surprise escaped her plump lips she was completely out of breath.

Her flushed cheeks glowed, her hair messy as if she's been running her fingers through it all day and her misplaced clothing that somehow managed to slip off her.

A complete utter mess.

It could only mean one thing.

"Hey" she whispered.

I was about to say something when my phone buzzed in my pocket. If I was being honest it seemed like a ultimate save for the both of us. I picked it up with an apologetic smile walking by her placing a quick peck on her cheek and heading out the front door. "Hello?"