Prologue

Emma goes up to Scott hesitantly, sitting next to him. "What's up, Em?" He asks cheerfully. He's always so happy.

She takes a deep breath, looking over his features carefully, making sure to memorize everything: His crooked jaw; his bright, brown eyes; the way his expression always lights up, even in the worst situations, whenever he sees her. "I—" She pauses unsure of how to say it.

"I have to leave."

"What?" Scott exclaims, his entire body drooping. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened." Emma shakes her head. "It's just... Deaton found another Elemental who's willing to help me control everything. She's supposedly got the wind and fire elementals, so she's my best chance." She searches his eyes, thankfully finding understanding.

"But you have to leave again?" He frowns, willing her to change her mind.

Emma nods solemnly. "I don't want to." She whispers. "But I have to." Scott looks away, licking his lips. Emma softly cups his face, bringing him back to her. She leans forward, capturing his lips in a kiss. When she pulls away, she doesn't get far before Scott brings her back, arms circling around her waist and bringing her closer to him.

"You better keep in touch," Scott tells her, submitting to the idea.

Emma chuckles softly. "Of course I will. I love you, Scott."

"I love you too." He tells her firmly as she stands. She purses her lips before walking away. Little did they know how much the young Elemental would change.