Rewind

A sharp blast of light flew past Ladybugs head. She looked over her shoulder quickly, expecting to see damage to the building behind her.

Chat Noir only stood there in shock, like his body forgot how to move. The blast shot right at his chest and he fell down to the ground. She gasped and went after the dark blur. 

In her perifrial vision, a green turtle ran past her, most likely to distract the akumatized civilian.

She observed closely to find the boy. As she stepped further into a dark alley, she heard a grunt behind a large dumpster. 

"Chat!" 

She ran to his side. He was on the hard ground, his back leaning against the brick wall with a hand tightly gripping his stomach. The other reached for Ladybug as soon as she was right next to him.

 He had an uneven cut next to his left eye and another underneath where his hand was. This  one wasn't just a small gash. His whole suit was beginning to stain red, his hand no longer working as a bandage.

 His eyes flittering between open and closed, "Bug," he took a deep gasp for air, "I-I-" 

"Just be quiet. It's ok." Ladybug's eyes were tearing up as she rubbed the side of his face. "I love you so much, Kitten." 

She felt like her air supply was short as the shock hit her. He had to be fine. She couldn't let him go now. Not after so much. She couldn't say goodbye. In fact, in this moment, she would do just about anything to keep him alive. 

Anything to make today go away. 

Anything.

"I love," Chat began to say but his breath held him back. His stomach shook and his face- his lips and cheeks- where white, "I love you Bugaboo."

He squeezed her hand a little tighter and gave her a small smile before letting go completely.

"Chat?" Trembling.

"Chat! Wake up!" She shook his shoulders and his hand fell to his side. 

"Chat Noir!" Tears coated her face and sobs poured out of her mouth, "Please. Wake up." 

She sat right next to him, holding his hand, hoping he would grip hers back. Every piece of "ok" ripped away from her. 

She could feel his ring against her hand. She took it off of him and he detransformed. She couldn't bring herself to look.

 Not at his face. 

Not right now. 

She carefully slid the ring on her finger that already had a spotted suit covering it. 

The tears started pouring even faster as she sank into Chat Noirs lap. A loud bang crashed from outside the ally, but still a ways away. 

The thought kept racing through her head that she would do absolutely anything to save him. Anything at all. She 

In front of her stained eyes, the ring began to glow a blinding light.

~~~~~

Marinettes eyes flew open. She panted heavily and wiped a small tear away from her cheek. "Are you alright, Marinette?" Tikki floated above her. Marinette barely nodded, "I'm ok. I just had a really crazy dream. Chat and I were fighting an akuma and-"

"You there?" A knock on her door sent Tikki to hiding. 

"Yeah!" 

Adrien opened the door that led to Marinettes room. He smiled brightly at her sleepy face and set a small drink down on her desk. He sank down into her chair and took a sip of his own coffee.