"What's up?" he whispered, his fingertips skimming over her skin, before travelling down to curl with her fingers.

"Can't sleep," She murmured back, leaning into him and stealing another kiss from him.

He moved his hand to brush a tendril of hair out of her face, and then breathed, a hand dancing over her arm, "Want to have some fun?"

Y/N grinned, pressing one hand on his chest and another hovering over his leg. She shifted a leg over his, so that she was straddling him, and cupped the back of his head, and lowering her lips on his. A fire started in her heart, spreading through to the tips of her fingers and toes, leaving sparks of desire, "I'd love to."

~~~

Bucky let out a deep breath as his hand reached for the doorknob. Was he really doing this? Actually? He shook his head of any hesitancy and turned the doorknob, and swinging his bedroom door open.

Ahead of him, the corridor seemed empty, and a sigh of relief escaped him. He could hear strains of laughter and chatter from one part of the base and wished he had the courage to join the rest of the team and be able to hold a conversation. He was sick of being the one who made the room quieten when he walked in. He was tired of being too timid to talk to someone. He just wanted to be himself again. 

He took a step forward, finally leaving the confines of his room, and then shutting the door behind him for good measure. He was going to do this. 

Bucky took another step forward, and then another, and then another, transiting his blunt steps into a brisk walking pace. He only knew how to get to the kitchen and living room because of Y/N insisting on dragging him across the entire compound. 

As he reached the door to the kitchen, he hesitated. The door was ajar, only slightly. The chatter was louder now, and he could almost make out a full conversation being held between Y/N and someone else on the team, a woman.

"...Okay...maybe...little...scared!" Y/N laughed, though muffled. 

"A little?" Came the woman's snort.

Bucky pushed the door open, alerting everyone of his presence and as the door swung open, everyone turned to look at the doorway, their faces expressing shock at him standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Bucky!" Y/N called him over, brightly, after putting her mug down, wiping away the stupefied look on her face.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

"Is this the infamous Bucky Barnes Y/N and Steve have been talking about?" A man with short, light brown hair asked, raising an eyebrow. He was sat next to this red-haired woman, and she elbowed him in the ribs as he spoke, "Ow! Nat, don't do that!"

"Don't sound so cliché High School then," She shot back, pushing her flame-coloured curls away from her face.

Bucky didn't move.

"Buck, come on," Y/N cheered, beckoning him over. He felt his feet move beneath him, approaching her cautiously and with feet with a mind of their own, "Hey...want something to eat?" She offered a box of cereal, gesturing at the assortment of breakfast food displayed on the island beside her. 

"Um..." Bucky swallowed, "Can I have an apple?"

Y/N chirped, brightly, "Sure!" And tossed the fruit over to him. He caught it expertly in his metal hand, wincing as he felt the apple get a little crushed from the force of his grip.

"You going to introduce us, Y/N?" A man commented from beside her, sporting a goatee, and looking around in his late 30s to 40s.

"Oh, yeah!" Y/N said, beaming at the fact that Bucky had made the effort to come into the kitchen while everyone was still in it, "Everyone, this is Bucky Barnes, Bucky, this group of idiots are the Avengers!"