2.

I wrestled with the last of my bobby pins before taking one last look in the mirror. I smoothed my pink cocktail dress out, making sure it hit my curves in the right places. I gave myself a sly wink and started down the stairs. I stopped a few steps down to watch Lora and Cody in the kitchen. They had their arms around each other, face to face. She reached up and moved a little section of his hair, making him grin at her. She did the same and rested her head on her soon-to-be husband's shoulder. Cody kissed the top of her head and slowly traced his hands over her arms. I could tell she felt warm and safe with him. I trusted him to support her throughout the rest of their lives.

I continued down the stairs, catching the couples attention."Are you guys ready to go?" I announced.

Lora let go of Cody and trotted over to the couch to pick up her bag. "Yeah, come on. We should get there right in time." After around a half hour of laughter and listening to my Spotify playlists, we pulled up to a fancy looking restaurant. It's brick walls were decorated with ivy and LED light strings. The three of us got out and Cody handed the car keys to a sharply dressed valet.

Cody walked up to the maitre d' with Lora and me following behind. "Table for four. Miller." The tall woman looked through her book for a moment before finding the name. She confirmed the reservation and led us to a comfortable looking booth in the corner of the large room. It was lit with a beautiful crystal chandelier who's light bounced off of the velvet colored walls and carpet. There weren't many people in the restaurant, but it wasn't deserted. It was just the right amount of people for there to be a light chatter when you're talking.

Cody's attention shifted to his back pocket as he slightly raised up to check his phone. "Noel said he was about 3 minutes away." I peeked at the top of his phone. the numbers 7:32 glowed at me.

"He's late. Kinda struggling there isn't he?" I raised an eyebrow at Cody.

"That's Noel for you." He put his phone back into his pocket and ran his hands through his hair. "So, when is your stuff getting up here?"

I took a second to think about my schedule,"It should be here at the end of this week. The apartment is already furnished so I just need my sewing machine and my other personal stuff and I'll be all settled in."

Lora nudged me,"I'm glad you're staying. I mean, with your work and all you were always so occupied."

"Yeah, I know. I'm glad I'm closer to my family now." I said shooting her a smile.

I noticed that Cody was looking over our heads and motioning. He smiled and gave a thumbs up to whoever he was talking to. A moment later a man no taller than Cody with tan skin walked over to us. "You're late." Cody said dapping him up.

"Aye, I'm sorry man. I got ready a little late." A smooth deep voice came out of his mouth. It sounded like it belonged to a man much bigger than him. He turned to Lora and gave her a light hug holding the tops of her arms. "And you must be Elise. I'm Noel." He gave me the same hug he gave Lora before sitting next to Cody and across from me.

"Nice to meet you Noel. What do you do for a living?" I said eyeing him across the table.

"Comedy. I work with Cody." He said taking a sip of the wine in front of him. "But we're taking it easy until after the big day." He nudged his partner in his said and smiling. "Dude I can't believe you're getting married. It seems like last week you were texting me about how nervous you were to go on a date with "the girl from the grocery store""

"He asked me out in that store."

"He didn't!" I laughed.

"Yeah. And he used to send me pictures of her asking what I thought." Noel added. Cody mumbled a string a swear words before putting his head in his hands.

"He was buying shitty coffee because he didn't have anyone to refine his taste." Lora said with a reflective tone. "But if he didn't stalk me for three weeks we may have never gone out with each other."

Cody adjusted his jacket and smiled through his cheeks getting red,"I didn't stalk you. I just tried to make conversation at your workplace."

"You came in ten days in a row and always got in my line regardless of how many people were in it." I felt her leg sneak past mine on its way to rub against Cody's as she winked at him. He gave a light sigh before gazing deep into her brown eyes and smiling.

The waiter came by and took our orders as we continued to make small talk. "Elise, are you staying with your sister until after the wedding?" Noel asked

"No actually. I'm staying with them until Saturday then I'm moving into my new apartment. Boxwood."

"No way. I live at Boxwood." He excitedly said.

I smiled back,"Fifth floor?"

"Forth floor. I can help you move in if you'd like."

"Yeah. I'd appreciate that." I said looking him in his pretty hazel eyes.

"Just text me and let me know, okay?"

"Okay."